Thai curries are extremely popular for its simplicity of ingredients, easy to adapt preparation process and how this recipe is able to provide the best of seafood delicacies. This particular Thai recipe has its own way of demanding attention. Get your prawns from the Processor & Exporter of Seafood in India and pamper your taste buds in the sweet senses of this easy homemade dish from southern Thailand.
It has a gentle taste as compared to red or green Thai curries and thus has gained popularity among foodies who like their seafood on a toned down note of the preparation. For health conscious people this dish is good news where minimum ingredient is the key and you can have your seafood from the best seafood exporters.
Some Beneficial Info about the Recipe
- Preparation time–40 minutes
- Level – easy
- Serves – 2 adults
Know the Special Ingredients Required for the Recipe
- Shrimp/Prawn – king sized 200g, cleaned and deveined.
- Massaman curry paste – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Fish sauce – 1 tbsp
- Coconut milk – 400g , that implies 1 tin
- Potatoes – small and new, 150g, cut into halves or quarters depending on the size
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Cardamom – 2 pods, squashed
- Brown sugar – 1 tsp
- Limes – 2, quartered to serve
- Red chilli – few, shredded to serve
- Basil – few, shredded to serve
Now that you are aware of your ingredients, what about learning the cooking process? So, here it is, for your eyes only.
Now let’s have a look at the Preparation process:
- Take a wok and place it in medium heat. Pour the Massaman paste in it with the thicker portion of the coconut milk. Stir this mixture and let it heat up untill the fragrance of the mixture is released.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and let it simmer for a minute or so. This will allow the mixture to have a nice consistency.
- At this stage add the potatoes, cardamom and cinnamon. Mix well and let it simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Check for the potatoes to soften and you will know that this step is done.
- Now, add the prawns from the best shrimp and prawn exporters to it. Add the sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Stir to mix well and let the mixture cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, until your seafood turn pink.
- Switch off the heat and your dish is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with sprinkled lime wedges, shredded chilli and basil.
If this recipe has provoked the Thai seafood lover in you, then get hold of the best shrimp export company in India. Someone, who is the dominant player in the market of seafood supply, a promising seafood export company always promises of best quality products. Thus you can be rest assured of your cooked meal to posses one of the finest of tastes from the salt water.