Talk of seafood, and here is one among the coastal dishes of Goa that will give you the best of Indian coastal palatable. Get hold of the best processor & exporter of seafood in India to make quality caldine. An Indian curry is a must for all the foodies out there who want a flavorsome aromatic dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 adults
- Shrimps/Prawns – 200 grams, from the best seafood exporters.
- Bottle gourd – 275 grams. Alternatively, cauliflower florets or pumpkin cubes can be used as well.
For the masala paste –
- Coconut – 1 cup, freshly grated
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Peppercorns – 10
- Cloves – 3
- Turmeric powder – 3 to 4 tsp
- Green chilies – 2 to 3
- Ginger – 1/4 inch, peeled
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves
- Water – 2.5 cups
- Onions – 3/4 cup, finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 cup finely chopped
- Green chilies – 1 to 2, slit lengthwise.
- Salt – as per taste
- Tamarind – a ball of walnut-sized, soaked for 10 minutes in 1/4 cup of hot water. Strain and reserve the tamarind extract.
Now that you are aware of all the items need, to prepare, let’s have a look at the process of preparing the dish.
- Devein and clean the prawn. Marinate with a little bit of salt and set aside.
- To make the masala paste, blend the ingredients intended for it with 1 cup of water in a grinder to acquire a smooth paste.
- Take a fine-mesh sieve along with a muslin cloth. Pour the grounded paste into the muslin to extract the thick coconut milk.
- Then transfer the remaining mixture into the blender again and blend. Extracting the coconut milk has to be done again to receive the thin coconut milk extract.
- Now, take a heavy-bottomed pan and place it over the oven. Heat oil in it and add the chopped onions. Sauté the onions until they turn translucent and add the slit green chilies.
- At this stage, add the tomatoes and sauté until a mushy mixture is obtained.
- Now add the thin coconut extract with a pinch of salt. Mix well, and then add the tamarind extract. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- When the mixture is boiling, add the bottle of gourd cubes and cook over medium heat until the cube softens.
- You can now add your prawns and stir them for another 4 to 5 minutes until they are cooked properly.
- At this point, pour in the thick coconut extract and mix thoroughly. Let the mixture simmer for another minute or so and switch off the heat. Do not cook it for a longer time to prevent curdling up of the coconut milk.
- Serve hot with rice.
This Indian curry will heighten your taste buds with a burst of flavors. Shrimp export company in India makes sure that you receive the best quality of raw seafood to cook dishes of such kinds a success. Prawns export India provides the best quality products to enjoy the recipe to the fullest.