Food has always been subjected to variations and new trends with flowing time. People have always tried out new changes on a particular variety or traditional food to match their palette. Similarly, this shrimp kebab is also a kind of varied dish that has been infused with a touch of sweetness from the plums.
Now, you must be thinking how can plums go with something like shrimp? However, the Best Seafood Exporters can vouch to tell you that this sensational delicacy is a boat load of flavours prepared with just four ingredients. The ginger gives these kebabs a spicy, peppery bite that is softened by the sweet taste and will keep you craving for more!
(For 4 Servings) (Preparation Time: 25 minutes)
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 medium size plums, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Light on the grill and keep the heat moderately high.
- Take a large bowl and combine the chopped ginger, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add in the shrimps and the plum wedges and toss to coat it well, keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Now take the skewers and thread the shrimps and the plums alternately.
- Brush the racks with little oil and place the skewers.
- Cook for 4 minutes and the turn to cook on the other side again for 4 minutes, until the shrimp turns pinkish in colour.
- Keep the kebabs for a little more time on the grill and drizzle the remaining marinade from top, basting frequently.
- Finally, serve with sliced green onions and lemon wedges.
It is the most simple kebab recipe you will ever come across and even the most feasible. If you are tired after a long, boring day at work, this is the most perfect go to dish you could have. Get the best quality shrimps from the Top Processors of Shrimps today!