This exquisite Creole shrimp pizza is an absolute delicacy from the land of Louisiana. The name suggests that this dish is a product of Creole cuisine, a style of cooking originating in the United States which is a combination of West African, French, Spanish and Amerindian influences along with the local cuisine. So, Creole cuisine is said to be a blend of different cultures and is thought to be of aristocratic importance.
You must have been familiar with many other types of pizzas, but this one is one of the most variant preparations which gives a boost to your taste buds because of the impact of hot and spicy flavours with crisp bites. The allocation of fresh shrimps from the Top Shrimp Dealers for this pizza has been implemented in such a way that it gives a soft, saucy and crunchy texture all together.
A perfect size delicacy to fit right for a nice and warm family dinner, here is how to prepare it :
Ingredients Required :
(For 6 Servings) (Preparation Time : 50 minutes)
- 1 pre-baked pizza crust, 12 inches
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1- ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1- ½ tsp Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ¼ tsp Louisiana style hot sauce
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- Begin by preheating the oven to 425°F.
- Place the pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet, brush it with some oil and pour the grated mozzarella cheese all over it and keep it aside.
- Take a smaller bowl and in it combine lemon juice with some Creole seasoning and add the shrimps, toss it over so that the marinade gets coated over the shrimps.
- Now, take a medium sized skillet and heat the remaining oil in it.
- As the oil splutters, add the onion, pepper and remaining Creole seasoning, sauté until onions are tender.
- Immediately add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in the pizza sauce and hot sauce and mix well, remove from the heat.
- Take out the sauce mixture from the pan and spread it gently over the pizza crust.
- Drain the shrimps of the marinade and top it over the crust along with green peppers and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Put the sheet in the oven to get baked until the cheese melts and the shrimps turns pinkish for about 25-30 minutes.
- Take it out, slice, season and serve.
The Best Exporters and Processors of Shrimp has got your back and now you don’t even need to get your Pizza delivered from eateries outside in this time of the Pandemic. You can make this hearty dish very easily on your own and with minimum efforts to get the Creole experience.