This soup is zesty, brothy, and light, yet satisfying. This dish has a fantastic texture. This soup is ideal for the warmer months since it is not-so-heavy and nutritious. Buy from reputable Seafood Exporters and have them conveniently delivered to your address to make this at home.
- 1 pound deveined and peeled shrimp
- Kernels of 4 ears of fresh corn (roughly 3 cups of kernels)
- Three heaping tablespoons of tomato paste
- Avocado or olive oil
- One tablespoon of butter
- One russet potato, peeled and diced small
- One red bell pepper, seeded, cored, and diced small
- Four cloves of garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- One large onion, diced
- Two ribs of celery, diced small
- Four cups of chicken stock
- One tablespoon of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Two tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Avocado slices for garnish
- Two teaspoons paprika, divided use
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- Place the shrimp in a bowl with a tiny amount of oil, a few pinches of salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and paprika. Toss to coat. Marinate for a few minutes.
- Using a medium soup pot over medium-high heat, add about 2–3 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook for about 1-2 minutes on the first side before flipping them over and cooking for an extra minute or until they are golden brown. Repeat the process, if necessary, then transfer them to a bowl when done.
- Add the butter and a tablespoon or two of oil to the same pot. Add the red bell pepper, chopped onion, and celery, and stir to incorporate; season with salt and pepper once the butter melts.
- Sauté for a few minutes until somewhat softened.
- Next, add the diced potato and garlic and toss to combine. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the tomato paste and toss to combine before cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and warm chicken stock, mix, and simmer the soup, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the seared shrimp, cilantro, and parsley, and taste to determine if any extra pepper or salt is required. If preferred, serve with a few slices of avocado.
It comes together fast and is ideal for days when you don’t have time or energy to prepare an elaborate meal. Make this delicious dish at home by buying products from reputable Processors and Exporters of Shrimps to get the best, authentic product.