Prawn Parmigiana is a dish that you can enjoy in any season. For seafood lovers, this is an ideal meal. Easy-to-make, hassle-free, and tantalizing. It is perfect for brunch or dinner.
Come and Get Introduced to the Ingredients
- One pound spaghetti, cooked al dente and covered to keep warm
- Half-cup flour
- One teaspoon salt
- Two tablespoons of Bayou Blast (Made of 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika, two tablespoons salt, two-tablespoons garlic powder, one tablespoon black pepper, one tablespoon onion powder, one tablespoon cayenne pepper, one tablespoon dried oregano, and one tablespoon dried thyme)
- Two large eggs
- One tablespoon water
- One cup of fine dry bread crumbs
- Two tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- One-and-one-fourth pounds jumbo prawn, peeled and deveined, and dried. Buy the best frozen prawns online or get them from your nearby fresh market.
- Vegetable oil
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley leaves
Let’s Have a Glimpse at a Procedure
- Combine the flour, one tablespoon of the Bayou Blast, and half a teaspoon of salt in a small bowl. Beat the eggs and water in a separate bowl. Combine the Parmigiana, remaining tablespoon of Bayou Blast, and final 1/2 teaspoon of salt with the bread crumbs in a different bowl.
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with vegetable oil. However, before that, heat it at 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Turn on the broiler in the oven.
- In the meantime, coat the prawn one at a time in the flour, egg wash, and seasoned bread crumbs. Toss to coat evenly and shake off any excess. Place until you are ready to cook on a dish.
- Batch-by-batch, add your seafood to the hot oil. Stir regularly, and cook for about 2 minutes. Or until they turn golden brown and float to the top. With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp and drain them on paper towels.
- Place your seafood in a lightly buttered baking dish. Place about 2 cups of marinara sauce on top of the prawn, then top with mozzarella. It takes around 3 minutes for the broiler to melt and bubble the cheese.
- Warm the spaghetti gradually while tossing it with the leftover marinara sauce.
- Spoon the spaghetti into a sizable serving bowl, then add the prawn on top with a spatula. Serve immediately after adding chopped parsley to the garnish.
So just buy prawns online or get them from a local vendor and try your hands at this tasty dish.