One of the most common, no-hassle dishes you can enjoy any time of the year is the Phyllo prawns and avocado mash. Easy to make, healthy and balanced, enjoy this dish alone or with other additions of your choice.
- 6 (sheets) phyllo pastry
- cooking-oil spray
- 1/4 cup (60g) light sour cream
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- One tablespoon of water
- One tablespoon of mayonnaise
- One medium piece (250g) avocado, chopped coarsely
- 150-gram grape tomatoes, quartered
- 18 cooked medium king prawns (shrimp) (810g), shelled, deveined
- 1 (180g) lettuce, shredded finely
- A 200°C oven is to be used. Lightly grease two Texas muffin tins with six holes.
- Arrange three pastry sheets in a layer, misting each with oil as you go. Repeat in a different stack with the remaining three pages.
- Divide each stack of pastries into eight equal squares. Gently press squares into eight of the prepared pans’ holes. Push the remaining squares gently while rotating them slightly to create a star shape. Bake until golden for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool a little.
- Crab meat, prawns, avocado, mango, chili sauce, onion, coriander, and lime juice should all be combined in a big bowl. Pour the mixture into the cups. Serve right away, or add the garnish of your choice.
Tip: While phyllo cups are the most common way to enjoy this dish, you can try other ingredients too. Instead of using phyllo pastry, you may alternatively make similar casings using soft tortillas. Spray with oil, then push into the muffin tins holes. You can prepare these cases ahead of time, but wait to fill them until you’re ready to eat, or they’ll become soggy.
Buy the best fresh shrimps in India from your local Sunday market or procure the best frozen prawns online and enjoy this dish any time of the year.