As soon as you think of party snacks, the first thing that comes to your mind must be something spicy and delicious. If that snack contains shrimp, then nothing can be better than that. Spicy shrimp with creamy Tarator dip can rock the party night. It’s also a perfect fit as an evening snack or starter item for a family get-together. Seafood generally makes excellent snacks because they are healthy as well as delicious. This appetizer can offer an explosion of flavors in your mouth. The slightly spicy shrimp makes a smooth partnership with the creamy and tangy Tarator. This can blow your mind with its juicy, sweet, and creamy, tangy tastes.
Try to collect fresh ingredients for the dish, and since shrimp is the main item of this dish, therefore it is essential to get shrimps that are of good quality. Shrimps or prawns taste better when they are fresh. You can get fresh and best quality shrimps and prawns from the best shrimp and prawn providers in India.
Want to surprise your friends and family with this fantastic and delicious appetizer? Then here is a quick guideline:
Ingredients for spicy shrimp:
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- One pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, raw but tails left on
- Chili pepper flex to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Tarator dip:
- Half cup tahini
- One clove of garlic peeled
- Four tablespoon lemon juice
- One-fourth cup of water (this will help to create the particular texture and consistency)
- Salt to taste
- Handful quantity of parsley roughly chopped
How to make this mouth-watering party snack:
Process of making tasty, spicy shrimp:
- Add olive oil in the frying pan
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté it well until it becomes aromatic.
- Add shrimp, red cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper and then stir it well.
- Cook the shrimp for about two to three minutes over medium-high heat and follow the same process until the shrimp are no longer translucent.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, or it will take away the desired taste.
Process of making creamy Tarator dip:
- Add tahini paste, garlic, lemon juice, water, salt, sumac spice in a food processor and blend it until it gets a smooth consistency
- Add water to achieve the particular texture of the dip. Try to keep a thick consistency, so that it can stick to the prawn while dipping it in.
- Add chopped parsley and other seasonings to improvise the taste of the sauce and blend it again. After this, set aside the mixture for quite a few minutes.
- This Tarator dip can be preserved for three days and can be kept in the refrigerator as ready to use.
Serve the spicy shrimp hot from the pan with the tartar dip and enjoy it!
The reason you will fall in love with this quick and easy to make appetizer is the taste of shrimp itself that blends well with the tangy taste of the Tarator sauce. If you can choose high-quality shrimps for your dish, then it will taste even better. The best shrimp and prawn providers in India can help you with that. Try out and rock the party with this delicious shrimp recipe.
Sweet and Spicy Moroccan Shrimp is a quick recipe for an easy meal. If you are looking for something to cook a fast yet yummy seafood dish, then this is the best dish you can try. It is both delicious and healthy.
Sweet and Spicy Moroccan Shrimp is a heavily seasoned dish with garlic, cumin, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, and plenty of fresh cilantro and parsley. You can serve it with fresh vegetables and seasoned rice.
The ingredients required to make Sweet and Spicy Moroccan Shrimp are:
- 1 ½ pound jumbo shrimp (peeled)
- 4 ripe tomatoes (but they shouldn’t be fully ripe), it should also be halved, seeded and at the same time grated
- 5 to 6 cloves duly minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaf and fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Grounded Coriander
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Grounded Ginger
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp fresh grounded Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Grounded Cardamom
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Grounded Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Grounded cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 to 3 slices of lemon, halved
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
So, let’s start cooking now
- Take a nonstick pan; put some olive oil in it.
- One the oil is heated add tomatoes, garlic, and cook it over medium heat for about 12 minutes till the tomatoes become pulpy
- Reduce heat. Put some finely chopped parsley, finely chopped cilantro, paprika, cayenne and cumin
- Add the bay leaf and add some salt and pepper as per taste.
- Mix seasonings and flour together in a small bowl.
- Toss the mixture with the shrimp until evenly coated.
- Put the shrimps in the pan and fry until thoroughly cooked. Turn the shrimps occasionally (shrimp should be completely pink).
- Place the lemon slices around the edges of the pan, sprinkle 2 tablespoons water in the side, cover the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and some salad.
Enjoy the dish with your loved ones, stay healthy, stay happy, and stay fit!
Once you cook all the spices mentioned above in olive oil for a minute or two, it brings out the perfect aroma of a Moroccan dish. You can flash cook the shrimp in spicy oil. This recipe serves as the main course for 2 to 3 people or as a starter for 4 to 5 persons. However, remember one thing, before going ahead with the ingredients and direction, please ensure to get juicy shrimp from the best shrimp and prawn providers.
Bibimbap is a super famous Korean dish, generally served as a bowl of warm white rice. The dish is topped with sautéed and seasoned vegetables or traditional fermented vegetables which makes it tastier is the presence of chili pepper paste, soy sauce, or you can also use the fermented soybean paste. A fried egg and sliced meat are frequent additions. But you can make endless variations to the dish depending on your taste bud and preference.
If you’re planning to taste the authentic Bibimbap then you should know that it is made with raw egg yolk mixed with other vegetables. Still, my preference always lies with cooked ingredients. Now we will learn how to make delicious Bibimbap with seafood, and this dish is named Crispy Shrimp Bibimbap. It is super easy to make, and the taste can definitely make you feel good.
Before going ahead with the ingredients and direction, please ensure to get juicy shrimp from the best shrimp providers, fresh and crunchy vegetables, and seasoned rice to get the best taste!
Know your ingredients first
The ingredients required to make Crispy shrimp Bibimbap are:
- 500 g Shrimp from the best shrimp providers with shells removed except tails and deveined
- 2 tbsp of Korean hot red chili paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic duly minced
- 1’2 cup edible mushroom
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup and 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups oil for frying and 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cups of fresh spinach with 2 cloves of garlic minced together
- ½ cup carrots cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup kimchi or cabbage if unable to find kimchi
- ½ cup fresh bean sprouts
- 3-4 bowls of cooked rice
- 3-4 sunny side up fried egg
- Sriracha for serving
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
So, let’s start cooking now
- Mix honey, garlic, and vinegar very well in a large bowl and set aside
- In a non-stick pan, put some garlic and sauté it in canola oil. Add some fresh spinach and sauté till it droops. Sprinkle some salt and pepper as per the taste. Put it in a bowl and set aside.
- Put some oil in the pan and heat it for frying
- In a large bowl, mix flour, water, and cornstarch to form the batter. Dip each shrimp into the batter and deep fry until golden and crispy.
- Now toss it well in the red chili paste
- To serve, assemble all in a bowl. Put rice in a bowl; top it with one fried egg, few edible mushrooms, sautéed spinach, carrots, kimchi or cabbage, bean sprouts, and about 3-4 pieces of crispy shrimps. Don’t overcook the shrimp to keep it juicy.
- Finally, sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve with hot chili sauce.
The Korean delicacy is ready for your dinner. Dive in with your chopsticks! And yes, don’t forget to buy quality ingredients from the best shrimp providers.
Most of us love to eat and cook seafood. Looking for the Best Shrimp Providers to buy seafood is essential. Quality prawns make delectable dishes, so care has to be taken while selecting seafood outlets. The prime rule is to avoid overcooking seafood like shrimps and prawns. Seafood is very healthy, and when cooked properly the nutrition value rises considerably. So let us prepare a straightforward, healthy, and delicious recipe today.
The healthy mode of preparing shrimp toast
Healthy snacks are in vogue as we all want to avoid extra calories. You might feel that you have to give up on taste to keep your meals healthy, but don’t worry at all because we have curated a mouthwatering shrimp dish that is healthy so that you can eat guilt-free.
This shrimp toast involves baking and is quite easy to prepare. You can easily find the ingredients required for making this toast. Hence, without further ado, let us know the procedure for making this sumptuous shrimp filled toast.
List of ingredients
- White bread- 6 slices
- Cleaned and deveined shrimp- 200 g
- Minced garlic:1/2 tablespoon
- Egg- 1 yolk (separated from the egg white)
- Crushed black pepper: ¼ tablespoon
- Olive oil- ½ tablespoon
- Melted butter- 2 tablespoons
- Chopped Cilantro- 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – ½ tablespoon
- White sesame seeds(roasted)- for garnishing
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Trim the edges of the bread slices. Cut each piece of bread diagonally. Place the triangular slices on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven (120 Celsius) for around 20 minutes. Dehydrate the bread entirely and then allow it to cool.
- Toss the shrimps with salt and rinse it under cold water. Drain and dry the clean shrimps and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix garlic, egg white, black pepper, sugar, olive oil, and salt.
- Pulse the mixture in a food processor to obtain a coarse consistency.
- Add the chopped Cilantro to the pulsed mixture. This serves as the marinade for the shrimp.
- Cut the shrimp into ¼ inch pieces and combine it with the marinade.
- Apply butter evenly on a baking sheet. Use a spatula to apply an even layer of shrimp marinade on the bread slices. The thickness of the shrimp layer should be equal to the width of the bread slice.
- Arrange the bread slices on the baking sheet and preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Prepare the egg wash by mixing the egg yolk with water.
- Use a brush to apply the egg wash on the top of the bread slices.
- Bake the slices in the oven for around 10 minutes until the color turns golden brown.
- Serve the crispy toasts sprinkled with roasted sesame seeds.
Now your healthy and lip-smacking snack is ready to be served. Choose the best shrimp and prawn providers to buy shrimps, to make this yummy dish.
If you are a fan of seafood, then you may know that shrimps are a great appetizer, and can offer you a healthy meal as well. This Southeast Asian noodle soup with prawn or shrimp is easy to make and also takes simple ingredients that are widely available at the local groceries. The rich taste of coconut milk and shrimps blends well with the rice noodles. You will love to enjoy this delicacy that overwhelms your taste buds with flavors. But it is essential to collect fresh ingredients for your dish. The best shrimp and prawn providers in India will help you get the fresh prawns and shrimps to your kitchen so that you can make this mouth-watering seafood dish with fresh ingredients.
If you want to surprise everyone with this shrimp recipe here is a quick guideline of how to make Laksa shrimp with rice noodles.
Here are your ingredients
First, you have to make half-cup Laksa curry powder, so know the ingredients required to make this. Here are the ingredients for you:
- One-fourth cup of coconut milk
- Three tablespoons of shrimp paste
- One tablespoon vegetable oil
- Two teaspoons light brown sugar
- One teaspoon ground coriander
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- One teaspoon sea salt
- One teaspoon chopped fresh peeled turmeric root or dried powdered turmeric
- Half teaspoon chili powder or cayenne pepper
- Two cloves of garlic crushed
- Two stalks of lemongrass smashed and roughly chopped
- One-inch fresh ginger, peeled and then sliced
- One yellow onion chopped
- One red Fresno Chile stemmed and sliced crosswise
This curry powder is also available in the market in packaged form. So, if you can’t take the hassle you can definitely go for the packaged powder. Now let’s have a look at the other ingredients required to make this:
- Three cups of low-sodium chicken stock
- Two tablespoons fish sauce
- One teaspoon light soy sauce
- One teaspoon light brown sugar
- Juice of one lime
- A fourteen ounce of coconut milk
- Seven ounces dried flat wide rice noodles
- One pound of medium shrimp, deveined, tails left on them
- Sea salt
- Cayenne pepper or red chili flex
- Fresh cilantro stems, handful quantity
- Fresh Thai basil stems, handful quantity
Process of making this delicious treat:
- Making the Laksa curry paste: Take Shrimp paste, oil, coconut milk, brown sugar, coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric chili powder, garlic, ginger, onions, lemongrass, and all other ingredients into a food blender. Keep blending it until it forms a smooth paste. Transfer it in a container. This paste can be preserved in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Heat a pan/ wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the Laksa curry paste and cook, stirring it for two-three minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, coconut milk, and then stir well. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook for about two minutes.
- Boil the noodles in a large pot of water separately until it gets cooked. The time taken is about three minutes. Then drain out the water and wash the noodles in cold water
- Add a three-fourth cup of bean sprouts to the shrimp mixture.
- Add the seasoning with salt and cayenne pepper as per the taste.
- To serve, put the noodles in a bowl, ladle the shrimp and broth over it.
- Garnish with cilantro, basil, remaining bean sprouts over the top. It tastes best when hot.
Your dish is ready! It’s easy to prepare but tastes heavenly. What about trying it out for today’s dinner and bag the title of a veteran chef! Don’t forget to buy seafood from the best shrimp and prawn providers.
Pastel is a popular and traditional Brazilian dish. This evening snack can be found anywhere in Brazil. With summer fast approaching, the long summer nights make the shrimp pastel an excellent snacking option. Healthy and low in calories, this is an ideal evening snack to enjoy.
Traditionally, they are half-circle or rectangle-shaped thin-crust pies. The pies have assorted fillings within it, which are then fried in vegetable oil. They are deep-fried and served with dips or ketchup. And if you enjoy seafood, especially shrimp or prawn, you will enjoy this very much.
If you don’t want to go out and want to enjoy this dish from the comfort of your home, we’ve got you covered. India has some of the best Shrimp and Prawn Providers you can depend on.
Now, let’s see how we can make shrimp pastel at home:
What Ingredients Will You Use?
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 300 g tiger shrimp, shell and tail off, deveined
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 100 g Mozzarella, grated
- 300 mL 35% cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 15 g salt or as per taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 250 – 300 mL of water
Procedure of preparation
Know how to prepare the filling:
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil, to it, add the shrimp already cut in smaller pieces.
- To this mixture, add tomato sauce. Let it cook for some time and then remove it from the heat.
- In another pan, add 35% cream. Stir it for some time so that it gets reduced to 50 ml. Now, add this reduced cream to the shrimp mixture and stir.
- Add previously chopped parsley to this mixture. Add proper amounts of salt and pepper according to taste.
- To this, add grated mozzarella cheese to bring in rich flavor and texture. Allow it to cool down.
- Take necessary amounts of dough and olive oil and mix it with hand.
- Press the dough on a flat surface or use a rolling pin to shape the dough to a desired thickness (preferably thin).
- Now, cut the dough in rectangle shapes. After putting some of the fillings in the center of the rectangular dough, cut it in half. You can brush little amounts of water or olive oil on the sides of the pastel to help it close properly.
- You can also use a fork to press the sides slightly, so the borders are sealed.
- Now, deep fry in hot oil until they turn golden brown.
So, what are you waiting for? Get the best quality shrimps from the best Shrimp and Prawn Providers, and start preparing this delicious dish. Put in your preferred garnishing and enjoy it with a classic dip or ketchup.
A Spanish wholesome and flavorful meal is the Shrimp Paella. Paella is known for its combo of seafood and rice. The rice is given a whole new edge of crispiness, by tossing it on a pan and tanning it yellow with the exotic saffron. If you are in short of saffron, which is an expensive affair too, then turmeric powder will also do the purpose of yellowing. When you are in a hurry but do not want to compromise on gorging on a tasty meal, this Spanish seafood recipe is simply the savior. Using pre-cooked brown rice will shorten your cooking time. You can also use prawns instead of shrimps; they will have more or less the same effect on your taste buds.
Shrimp Paella recipe to satisfy your cravings
- Preparation time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
- Total time is taken- 25 minutes
- Serves – 4 persons
- canola oil, 2 tablespoons
- turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon (1 or 2 pinches of saffron is recommended)
- red bell pepper, chopped, 1 cup
- green peas, 1 cup
- garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon
- Pre-cooked brown rice, 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg
- chicken stock, unsalted, 3 tablespoons
- kosher salt, 3/4 teaspoon
- black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- shrimps, medium, 12 ounces
- fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
Steps to follow
- Take a frying pan, pour the oil in it, and heat in a medium flame.
- Add turmeric, bell pepper, garlic, and peas to it. Let it cook for 2 mins. Stir frequently.
- Add rice, spreading it evenly all over the pan. Do not stir and wait for around 3 mins to cook.
- Add the chicken stock, pepper, and salt to the rice. Stir and spread the mixture evenly over the pan. Let it cook for 7 mins in medium flame without stirring again.
- Put the shrimps or prawns over the rice layer and cover the pan with a lid. Let the shrimps cook for 3 to 4 mins until they are soft and tender.
- As the last step, dribble the lemon juice onto the rice and shrimp or prawn mixture, and you are done with your cooking. Serve hot.
Seafood like shrimps and prawns are rich in animal protein, essential vitamins, and minerals but low in fat and cholesterol. So, it is absolutely ok if you are planning to try out this recipe for most of your fast-paced days. A healthy meal that requires minimum effort and saves on your time – Shrimp Paella is just perfect and hope you have procured the shrimps from the best shrimp and prawn providers.
Shrimp and noodles—a match made in heaven. The seafood lover in you will feel happy to learn about this simple dish that combines rice noodles and shrimps with veggies. Sounds great, right? Don’t worry; your culinary skills are enough to prepare this easy dish at home. But you have to collect your ingredients from quality stores, and when it comes to seafood, selecting it from the best shrimp and prawn providers is the right way to acquire premium quality prawns and shrimps.
Shrimp Pad Thai is a beautiful dish that is tasty, healthy, and very simple to cook. You can give it a try and surprise everyone with a special dinner. So let us get ready to make this humble but hearty dish.
- Medium-sized shrimp- 1 pound (deveined and peeled)
- Thick Rice noodles- 8 ounces
- Bean sprouts- 1 cup
- Soy sauce (low sodium) – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice- 2 tablespoons
- Minced garlic- 3 cloves
- Chopped green onions- ½ cup
- Tamarind pulp- 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Brown sugar- 1 tablespoon
- Fish sauce- 2 tablespoons
- Chili garlic sauce- 2 tablespoons
- Roasted peanuts- 2 tablespoons
- Cilantro-(for garnishing)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Take water in a flat bottomed bowl and bring it to a boil.
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for 3 minutes.
- Drain the water from the noodles with the help of a colander.
- Take a wok or a large nonstick skillet and heat it.
- Add olive oil and put the deveined shrimps in the oil.
- Cook for 30 seconds on each side or until the shrimp turns pink. Avoid overcooking the shrimp.
- Remove the cooked shrimp from the skillet/wok and add onion and garlic in the same pan.
- Stir until fragrant and add the lightly beaten eggs. Allow the egg to set.
- Add the bean sprouts and green onions and gently toss for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the fish sauce, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce together. Add the tamarind pulp and lemon juice and brown sugar to the mixture.
- Pour the combined sauces on the wok/skillet and mix everything on the pan properly with a slotted spoon.
- Add the cooked shrimp and drained noodles and allow the shrimp and noodles to absorb the sauce mixture. Cook on a low heat for 1-2 minutes. Season it with salt as per taste.
- Transfer the dish in a bowl and garnish it with finely chopped cilantro and coarsely ground roasted peanuts.
This dish hardly takes 30 minutes to cook, and at the end of the day, treating yourself and your family with this delectable dinner is the best plan. So put on your chef’s cap and try out this mouthwatering savoury dish today.
Shrimp is one of the most preferable seafood that’s enough hunger provoking for foodies. There is a worldwide demand for shrimp as well as prawn as they are protein-rich seafood items. When red pepper along with classic tomato sauce is added to shrimp, it really sounds awesome and the mouth automatically gets filled with water.
If you want to taste it you have to try the Shrimp Fra Diavolo recipe. Actually, “Fra Diavolo” is an Italian phrase meaning “brother devil”. Due to its heavy use of seafood sources of protein, it is frequently attributed to Mediterranean origins. Actually, it is a product of Italian immigrant tradition in the United States. However, its recipe has made it a unique finger-licking dish across the world.
Prepare Shrimp Fra Diavolo at Home
There is a worldwide demand for prawns & shrimps. Both
these seafood are available in all kinds of dishes, be it continental or Italian. For their delicious taste, they are consumed worldwide. To satisfy the foodie inside you, do prepare this exquisite dish at home.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, both peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cups canned crush tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1(14.5 -ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup dry wine
Time to prepare the delicious Shrimp Fra Diavolo
- At first, get a medium-size bowl and toss the shrimp by adding 1 teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes to it.
- Pour 3 tablespoons oil in a heavy large skillet and get it heated over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp to sauté it for about a minute. Carry on cooking and tossing until just cooked through, about 1to 2 minutes.,/p>
- Pour the shrimp into a large plate; set aside.
- Pour the onion in that similar skillet. Now, add 1to2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes until it gets translucent.
- To prepare the sauce, mix up the tomato juices, wine, garlic, and oregano.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce gets thickened.
- Combine the shrimp with sauce and toss to coat. Continue cooking for about a minute, so the delicious flavors meld together.
- Stir in the parsley and basil.
- Add salt as per your taste.
Now, finger-licking Shrimp Fra Diavolo is ready to serve. Don’t forget to get the shrimp from the best shrimp provider so that you remain healthy and enjoy the taste of a yummy delicacy at the same time.
With the summer officially in full swing, tasty, light recipes are back, and shrimps are the perfect ingredient to prepare any light food. Be it a snack or a side dish, this seafood recipe can reinvent itself in many forms across the globe. Almost every country has a signature shrimp preparation and (unsurprisingly, of course), it’s tasty.
It is also filled with the goodness of vitamins and minerals. A good source of several nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, and iodine, it’s no wonder that shrimp is a popular part of many Indian dishes. While it is safe to eat after thorough boiling, be careful to not eat it raw as it might harbor microbes that might cause illnesses such as food poisoning.
Fancy a light shrimp dish to enjoy this season without having to book a dinner reservation at a fancy restaurant? Well, this easy to make shrimp recipe will be an instant hit with anyone who tries it. West Bengal has some of the Best Shrimp Providers. Hence, making a shrimp dish at home has never been more straightforward.
Some Information about the Spiced shrimp couscous
Before starting, if any of you have never had couscous, well, you don’t know what you’re missing. Originally from South Africa, this borders on sweet but magically absorbs any flavor you want to add in it. This is a light and healthy food, and incredibly easy to cook. Adventurous or not, you can definitely try this dish for a change.
Now, let’s put on the apron, shall we for this delicious shrimp recipe.
First, let’s see what we’ll need for this.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups Israeli couscous, dry
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or any other sauce.
- In a bowl, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium heat.
- Add dry couscous and toast until the grain begins to brown
- Add coconut milk and water to it after some time.
- Let it boil in low flame.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes in a low flame. This makes the couscous fluffy.
- While the couscous is being boiled, heat the remaining olive oil in a large pan.
- Add onions and cook until they turn slightly brown.
- Now pour the shrimp in this mixture and cook until it turns pinkish.
- To this mixture, add cumin, paprika, and cinnamon and mix well. Make sure that the shrimp is adequately coated at this point.
- Add dried apricots and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the couscous over it and keep it untouched for 10-15 minutes.
- If you love spicy food, you can stir the dish with Sriracha (or any other hot sauce for that matter).
- Enjoy shrimp over couscous with garnishing of your choice. If you are a healthy eater, be sure to add a few seasonal vegetables.
Your summer recipe is ready!