Looking to jazz up your nutritional uptake in an interesting way? Well, what’s better than seafood when it comes to consuming the right amount of proteins and essential minerals with the least amount of carbohydrate?
Yes, we’re talking about shrimps and prawns!
Consider the quality shrimps coming from one of the tops of the best shrimp and prawn providers. Any such medium-sized shrimp gives about 7 calories! This would mean that even if you were to consume about a dozen of them, your calorie intake would be limited to 85! That would ideally be even 15 calories less than that of your intake from a 3-ounce or approximately 85 grams of chicken breast.
A typical jumbo shrimp, the types that are usually served for cocktails, contain about 14 calories. Add in another 5 calories for the cocktail sauce and you have 19 calories. So, a teaspoon of the sauce and 3 jumbo shrimps give you less than 60 calories!
If you’re impressed already, we’ve for you the recipe of a yum prawn treat that you’ll surely love to delve in any time of the day. Here’s what you need to make some scrumptious Corn Cakes with Soy Sauce!
Total time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 29 minutes
Cooking time: 1 minute
Final serving ingredients
- ½ a cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- ½ a teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ a teaspoon of hot pepper sauce to taste which is optional
- 1/8th teaspoon of pepper
Mix all 7 ingredients in a bowl, chill in refrigerator till serving time.
Ingredients for the cakes:
- ½ a pound of uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp, finely chopped.
- ½ a cup of chopped onion (one small-sized).
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced.
- 1¼ tablespoons of oil for frying.
- ¼ teaspoon of cooking salt.
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour.
- ¼ cup of cornmeal.
- 1 cup of whole kernel corn.
- 1 cup of cream-style corn.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- 1 tablespoon of corn-starch.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Take a large and heavy skillet and add place it over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil in it.
- Once heated, add onion and cook for 1 minute until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add chopped shrimps and cook till they turn pink. Turn off flame and remove the mix.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Place flour, corn-starch, cornmeal, and baking powder. Mix, add the salt and pepper and mix again.
- Take a small bowl and mix the egg, shrimp, and corn together stirring them till all the dry ingredients are well coated with the egg.
- Clean skillet with a paper towel and heat the remaining ¼th tablespoon of oil in it until smoking hot.
- Drop the egg-corn-prawn mix in it in batches in rounded shapes.
- Fry till golden brown on one side, turn and fry the other side till golden brown too.
- Drain oil on the paper towel and serve hot with the refrigerated sauce.
Calorie count: 1 corn-shrimp cake with 1 teaspoon of sauce contains 109 calories with 7g of fat, 22 mg of cholesterol, 8g of carbohydrate and 3 g of protein.
Happy healthy treats on your way!!!
If you’re one of those foodies who never gets over with shrimps and prawns when it comes to seafood, here’s a delicacy that you’ll love to savour anytime.
Yes, we’re talking about the delicious Shrimp & Corn Chowder.
It’s super-easy to make and its lip-smacking taste will get the better of you want to make it at home for yourself and your guests.
The only catch is making it is to pick the right sized shrimps from one of the best shrimp providers. A lot of these providers sell shrimps with labels announcing the number that comes for a given weight making it easy for you to pick the right pack. Smaller numbers of the same weight would mean larger shrimps and vice versa.
For soups, medium-sized shrimps are the best choice as they are easy to eat using a spoon.
Total time: 35 minutes
Preparation time: 10 – 12 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- 1 pound or approximately 450 grams of medium-sized shrimps, peeled and deveined.
- 2 cups corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 6 medium-sized baby red potatoes.
- 3 cloves of diced garlic.
- 1 diced onion.
- 2 teaspoons of butter.
- ¼ cup heavy of cream.
- 4 cups of chicken broth or stock.
- Coarsely ground salt and freshly ground black pepper as per taste.
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika (omit or add more as per taste).
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley leaves.
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano.
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil.
- 1 bay leaf.
- Separate 2¼ cups of kernels from its corncobs and place in a bowl.
- Use a large-holed box grater and scrape the pulp and liquid from the corncobs. Collect it in a bowl (about ½ a bowl) while discarding the cobs.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into ½ inch cubes.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high flame. Add garlic and onion stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes till soft and brown.
- Add the chicken stock/broth and stir. Carefully add in the prawns, corns, potatoes, and bay leaf bringing the mix to a boil. Allow it to boil for about 15 minutes till all pieces are tender.
- When the mix turns translucent, stir in the paprika, basil, oregano, and optional red pepper.
- Boil for a couple of minutes until fragrance emerges.
- Take a cup of the chowder and place it in a blender.
- Process it for 15 seconds.
- Sieve the processed mix and place it back in the pot mix.
- Add the heavy cream and stir the mix.
Put off the flame and serve immediately in 4 bowls garnishing the soup with parsley.
Savour the goodness of seafood packed with good health!
Foodies and connoisseurs are known to go wild when it comes to devouring shrimp and prawn dishes from an assortment of seafood! A source of high protein, shrimps can spice up the food life at any time of the day as a healthy choice. Swoon over a bowl of prawn soup or a steaming bowl of scampi, you can never go wrong with your choice of food when it comes to these lovely little shrimps!
If you’ve already whetted your appetite, we have some more delights coming up your way. We bring to you an easy to make recipe of SHRIMP DUMPLINGS that you can make at home and serve your family or even think of giving your guests the healthy choice to swoon over at the next party!
These homemade shrimp dumplings are easier to make than you could ever imagine and that too with a customized filling giving your guests more to talk about your culinary skills!
Preparation time: 60minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
Makes 36 dumplings.
Ingredients needed for making Shrimp Dumplings
For the dough
- 1 ½ cup of wheat.
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch.
- ¼ teaspoon of normal salt.
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
- 2 ½ teaspoons of vegetable oil.
For the filing
1 pound or approximately 450 grams of peeled, deveined and finely diced shrimps. (Since this is the main ingredient, make sure that you source it from one of the Best Shrimp and Prawn Providers).
- 8 ounces or about 230 grams of ground chicken or ground pork as per your taste and preference.
- 1 cup freshly shredded green cabbage.
- A handful of bamboo shoots.
- 2 thinly sliced green onions.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger.
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- 1 teaspoon mirin (a sweet Japanese rice wine) or dry sherry in case you don’t find mirin.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten.
- Coarse-grained salt and freshly ground black pepper as per taste.
- 2-inch won ton wrappers (in numbers you wish to make the dumplings).
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Soy sauce for the final serving.
Making the dumpling wrappers
- Combine the wheat and tapioca starch along with the salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly stir the mix with boiling water adding in the oil.
- Keep the 2 tablespoons of boiling water handy and add it in case the dough becomes too dry.
- Knead the dough till it attains a smooth and shiny finish
- Cover and rest it aside for 20 minutes.
Preparing the filling
- Take a large bowl and mix the diced shrimp, chicken/pork, cabbage, ginger, green onions, salt and pepper, sesame oil and the mirin and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour to meld the flavour.
- Next, prepare a working base oiling it to make the dumpling wrapper.
- Break off a small part of the dough, press it down with a roller pin to form a flat circle 2½ to 3 inches wide. Take the dumpling mix and place it at the centre of the wrapper spreading it out evenly. Lift the top edge of the wrapper and fold it in a half-circle pinching the closed edge to form a pattern.
- Place the raw dumplings on a plate and cover them to avoid drying.
Cooking the dumplings
When all are ready, place them in a pre-oiled steamer in batches and cook them for about 15 minutes till the wrapper turns translucent and the shrimps inside appear slightly orangish in colour (you’ll need to break one to check).
Serve immediately with soy sauce or any other sauce as per preference.
Are you in a hurry to create something really tasty? We get it, as there are some days that don’t leave you with enough time to make a dish and everything needs to be done fast, but it also needs to be tasty! That’s when your quality frozen shrimp will help you to cook something fresh and amazing. Shrimp easily defrost in cold water and takes very little time to cook.
Ingredients to cook Ginger Sesame Garlic Shrimp
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce for gluten-free version)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 pound 16-20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or canola oil
- 3 green onions, including onion greens, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
One of the best ways to cook shrimp is to give it a right stir-fry, and simply cook it through. If you cook it for too long, you might get something very rubbery and dry. Anyway, let us check the ways to cook Ginger Sesame Garlic Shrimp.
Instructions to cook Ginger Sesame Garlic Shrimp
- Take a medium bowl and add soy sauce, brown sugar, and seasoned rice vinegar, until the sugar has dissolved, whisk them together properly. Take olive oil, minced garlic, sesame oil, grated ginger and put shrimps along with the marinade in the bowl. Toss everything and keep it aside to chill for some time.
- If you have missed the sesame seeds, then add them in the pan on medium heat until they become brown.
- The next step is to stir-fry green onions and shrimps. Take a pan and add cooking oil on high heat. Just when the oil is hot, When the oil is shimmering hot, take a slotted spoon and drop the marinated shrimps in the pan. And, sauté it for a minute.
- It’s time to add the sliced green onions and keep frying each and individual shrimp if you think it is needed, however, the shrimps must be completely pink and golden brown in colour.
- Now, take the shrimp and move it from the heated pan and place it on a serving bowl. And, the remaining marinade, add it with the hot pan and heat it until it becomes thick and turns into a syrup.
Your Ginger Sesame Garlic Shrimp is ready to be served with rice, bao, bok choy, or any other Hakka noodle item. Well, to have the best-frozen shrimps, you have to acquire them form the Best Shrimp and Prawn Providers from Asia. Authentic tastes depend on how authentic the product is, which makes every penny worth it.
The Bang Bang Shrimp is a popular and favourite dish and is always paired with the crunchy, creamy, and sweet sauce which is insanely addictive. No matter how often you cook it, the taste buds will always crave for more. Read along to know more about the scintillating and delicious recipe. Let us now take a look at the ingredients of the dish.
Ingredients for Shrimp
- 2 panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- Fresh chopped cilantro
For Bang Bang Sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Kosher salt
Directions for Cooking Bang Bang Shrimp
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 400° and place a huge baking sheet to cover with parchment paper.
- Take a shallow bowl, add bread crumbs, garlic powder, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Take another shallow bowl and whisk eggs, keep it as it is.
- In the third bowl, take all-purpose flour.
- It’s time to dip the shrimp in the flour, whisked eggs, and bread crumbs and repeat it two times to elevate the crunchy flavour.
- Then place the shrimps in the baking sheet.
- The next step is to put the shrimps in the oven and bake it for 15 minutes until it turns golden.
How to make the Bang Bang Sauce?
Take a medium bowl and mix sweet chilli sauce, mayonnaise, lime juice, sriracha, honey, salt and pepper to season together.
The next step is to drizzle the sauce over the shrimp and garnish it with some freshly chopped cilantro before you can serve it hot.
What sort of shrimp should you order?
The size of the shrimps completely depends on you and we always recommend getting it deveined and peeled which helps to lessen the preparation time. Moreover, Seafood Processors are all busy in offering quality shrimps all over the world. The most reliable quality will give you the most excellent flavour!
The recipe is a very popular one in the United States and has always been a go-to-go dish for people who do not have much time to prepare dinner. The recipe for Linguine with Shrimp Scampi is an easy one that does not require much time and effort. Easy cooking and great eating.
Ingredients for cooking Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
- 2 pounds large shrimp (about 32 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Directions to cook Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
- Take a large pot, pour water and bring it to boil adding saltwater and oil. Take 1 tablespoon of linguine and cook the mixture for about 7-10 minutes.
- Until they are cooking, take a large pan with a heavy bottom, melt the butter along with olive oil and cook it over medium heat.
- The next step is to add garlic and make sure you don’t burn it.
- Now, add the shrimps with half a tablespoon of salt, pepper and saute it for about 5 minutes.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat, add lemon zest and juice, slices and fresh red pepper. Toss the entire combination and give it a good stir.
- After the pasta is cooked, drain the excess water and bring it back to the pot. Add the shrimps and the sauce, saute well and serve hot and fresh!
We bet you cannot skip this recipe because it’s easy and healthy!
The hero of the dish is shrimp, and if you are a foodie, make sure you procure shrimps from the Best Shrimp and Prawn providers available. This will not only give your dish a good taste but also make sure you consume the best from the best!
Szechuan Shrimp is an all-time classic Chinese recipe that is quite popular everywhere in the world. The recipe is tangy and spicy and comprises strong flavours on the top tender shrimp. As we already said about a lot of flavours, let us check out the ingredients needed for Szechuan Shrimp.
Let us now check out the instructions to cook Szechuan Shrimp
Directions to Cook Delicious Szechuan Shrimp
- Take 1 teaspoon of oil and mix the shrimp together and take ½ teaspoon of corn-starch and coat the shrimp evenly from all sides.
- On medium heat, take the leftover teaspoon of oil and add in the wok. The next step is to add ginger and sauté it for 30 sec. Now, add the Jiang or popularly known as hot chili oil, shallots, garlic and continue to stir fry for the next 2 mins.
- Now, take the ketchup along with the hoisin sauce and heat it on a low flame gradually taking it to medium. It will cook for about 2 mins bringing aroma and flavour. Very soon lower heat to avoid burning.
- The next step is to add Shaoxing wine, red bell pepper, and water chestnuts and sauté it for 2 minutes. It’s time to add chicken stock and boil the mix.
- Now, lower the heat and add rice vinegar, sugar, salt, and white pepper, continue stirring for the next 3 minutes. After that, increase the heat and sauté the shrimp.
- Once sauce and shrimp mixture becomes steady, lower heat and add corn-starch until the sauce becomes thick. You must observe that the shrimp has become opaque and is well cooked, add scallions and serve with a garnish plate of steaming rice.
Here you go, your Szechuan shrimp is ready. It is a perfect weekend dinner when it comes to eating with family and loved ones. It is important to remember that quality dishes come from quality products from the leading shrimp and prawn exporters. Buy good products to make sure your recipes taste the best.