Isn’t it boring to order the same dish again and again from the restaurant? Let’s try something new. It is said that Filipino cuisine is rich in flavour. It’s time to rock the party or potluck with this Filipino seafood recipe. This is a staple dish made in the Philippines on parties or often used as a substitute for rice. You can also surprise your family with this recipe for dinner. The Pancit or rice noodles mixed with soy sauce tastes much different from the usual regular noodles, and the added flavour of prawn makes it tastier. It is often served with a lemon jest to earn a sour taste that combines well with the salt and spicy noodles.
The key to making this dish delicious is to use fresh ingredients. Since shrimp is the prominent flavour in this dish, it’s essential to use new and good quality shrimp. You can order fresh shrimp from the best shrimp providers of the city.
Here is the recipe of Pancit Bihon, so that you can cook restaurant like Filipino dish and enjoy it with your family at home –
Ingredients to make delicious Filipino Pancit Bihon:
- 8-12 pieces fresh shrimp, shelled and head removes
- Half small cabbage
- One pound Pancit Bihon or dried rice noodles
- One Knorr shrimp broth cube
- Three fourth cup of julienne carrots
- Three fourth cup of celery chopped
- One cup of snow peas
- Half cup chopped parsley
- One medium yellow onion sliced
- Four garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- 6 cup of water
- Half cup soy sauce
- Pork piece
- Chicken fried with salt
- Quarter tablespoon ground black pepper
- Three tablespoons cooking oil
How to make a party-ready tasty Filipino Pancit Bihon:
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Once the oil gets hot, pan-fry the shrimp. Add salt to it and then cook it for around two minutes until it turns pink. Then set it aside.
- If you want to add chicken or pork to it (additional), then fry them and put aside.
- Use a bit more oil to sauté garlic, onion, celery.
- Add parsley, ground black pepper, and stir.
- After that, pour in soya sauce and the required amount of water. And let the whole thing boil.
- Add the shrimp cube and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrot, cabbage, and snow peas.
- Add the Pancit Bihon and gently stir and toss it until it absorbs the water in the pan. You can add more water if the Pancit is not cooked well.
- Put the pan-fried shrimps back into the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes. If you want to add chicken and pork, add them as well.
Transfer the whole thing to a serving plate. Now, the wholesome dish of Filipino Pancit Bihon is ready to enjoy. Remember to buy shrimps from the best shrimp providers to enjoy the best taste and to stay safe.
For those who have never been to New Orleans, a shrimp Gumbo is like a free plane ticket to the place. It is a staple food of that region, it’s rich and spicy taste is its signature. Make sure to cook slowly as it truly enhances the flavor. You can get the shrimp from the Best Shrimp Providers. The seafood recipe is not very difficult to make but requires a lot of patience. So be sure to take your time!
What Ingredients do you need?
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced okra
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gumbo file powder
- Hot cooked rice
Know the Cooking Process
- In an oven, cook and stir flour and oil in medium heat, until they turn into a caramel-colored roux. Usually, it takes up to about 12 minutes but makes sure it does not burn. This is the most important part of the recipe.
- To the mixture, add the celery, green pepper, and onion and cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until tender. To the broth, add garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne and bring to a boil.
- Now, reduce the heat and cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Now, add the shrimp, okra, green onions, and tomato and let it boil.
- Reduce the heat and put a cover and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
- Now stir in file powder to thicken the broth. If you do not have gumbo file powder, you can use an alternate recipe – combine 2 tablespoons each of corn-starch and water, and stir until it becomes smooth. Keep stirring it into gumbo. Bring it to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Now, serve it with rice soaked in the hot curry or with a side of potato salad, garlic bread, or plain sliced French bread.
So, what are you thinking about now? If you are getting bored in this lockdown period then this is the apt recipe to reboot your mood. Just cook it and give the most delicious surprise to your family. For the best result get in touch with the best prawn and shrimp providers and don’t just eat tasty food but make sure it is healthy as well.
Romesco sauce is required to make the Catalan Shrimp Stew. It is a rust-colored sauce from the Catalan region of Spain, served with grilled fish or, as a dip for vegetables. It is delicious, colorful, and resembles a reddish mayonnaise. Made from dried red bell peppers, roasted almonds and hazelnuts, garlic, and a part of day-old bread fried in olive oil and then mixed together in a grinder with a sprinkle of olive oil.
But these ingredients can also be used for making the base of a rich shrimp stew, seafood, called romesco de peix, or simply romescada, the Catalan shrimp stew. In this case, tomato puree is added to increase the fresh flavor. You can get the shrimp from the best shrimp providers in your region.
While fishes like sea bass, monkfish, clams, or salt cod, can be used for making the stew, usually shrimp or lobster is the most used ingredient for this dish. The rest of the ingredients can also vary depending on the fish of choice.
Know the Ingredients to Prepare Catalan Shrimp Stew
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 small carrot (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 small onion
- 1 stick celery
- 1 dried Nora pepper or ancho pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 cloves of large garlic
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes (approx. 180ml) (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup white wine (approx. 120ml)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika (sweet)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste/puree
- 1 1/2 cups fish stock (360-480ml)
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 3 tbsp ground hazelnuts
- 1 lb clams
- 3/4 lb monkfish
- 1 handful fresh chopped parsley
How do you Cook Catalan Shrimp Stew?
- To make the stock, de-shell the shrimps and put them in a pan with the onion, carrot, and celery. Pour around 3-4cups of water. After bringing to a boil, reduce the heat, so it simmers, and cook for around 20-30min.
- Meanwhile, break the dried pepper open and remove the seeds. Put it in a small bowl and let it boil. Cover it and let it soak for around 10 minutes.
- Chop the onion and garlic and slice the red pepper into strips.
- Dice the monkfish and peel away skin like outer layers.
- Warm oil in a pan for 10 minutes and then add onion, garlic, red pepper, chopped dried pepper, fennel seeds, and thyme and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. Now add the tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, paprika saffron, and tomato paste and stir till it gains a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Add 2 cups of the prepared stock and bring to a simmer. Now, cook the whole dish for around 10-15min till the point when it reduces in volume a little.
- Now add the almond and hazelnut (already ground) and stir well to give the sauce a rich, creamy texture.
- Add the clams to the sauce and let it sit. After they have started to open, add the monkfish along with the shrimp. Mix them with the sauce thoroughly and cover with the lid again.
Once the fish has been cooked, serve hot with a dash of parsley or paprika. However, the most important thing to remember before going ahead with the ingredients please procure fresh and juicy shrimps from the best shrimp and prawn providers.
As soon as you think of party snacks, the first thing that comes to your mind must be something spicy and delicious. If that snack contains shrimp, then nothing can be better than that. Spicy shrimp with creamy Tarator dip can rock the party night. It’s also a perfect fit as an evening snack or starter item for a family get-together. Seafood generally makes excellent snacks because they are healthy as well as delicious. This appetizer can offer an explosion of flavors in your mouth. The slightly spicy shrimp makes a smooth partnership with the creamy and tangy Tarator. This can blow your mind with its juicy, sweet, and creamy, tangy tastes.
Try to collect fresh ingredients for the dish, and since shrimp is the main item of this dish, therefore it is essential to get shrimps that are of good quality. Shrimps or prawns taste better when they are fresh. You can get fresh and best quality shrimps and prawns from the best shrimp and prawn providers in India.
Want to surprise your friends and family with this fantastic and delicious appetizer? Then here is a quick guideline:
Ingredients for spicy shrimp:
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- One pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, raw but tails left on
- Chili pepper flex to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Tarator dip:
- Half cup tahini
- One clove of garlic peeled
- Four tablespoon lemon juice
- One-fourth cup of water (this will help to create the particular texture and consistency)
- Salt to taste
- Handful quantity of parsley roughly chopped
How to make this mouth-watering party snack:
Process of making tasty, spicy shrimp:
- Add olive oil in the frying pan
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté it well until it becomes aromatic.
- Add shrimp, red cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper and then stir it well.
- Cook the shrimp for about two to three minutes over medium-high heat and follow the same process until the shrimp are no longer translucent.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, or it will take away the desired taste.
Process of making creamy Tarator dip:
- Add tahini paste, garlic, lemon juice, water, salt, sumac spice in a food processor and blend it until it gets a smooth consistency
- Add water to achieve the particular texture of the dip. Try to keep a thick consistency, so that it can stick to the prawn while dipping it in.
- Add chopped parsley and other seasonings to improvise the taste of the sauce and blend it again. After this, set aside the mixture for quite a few minutes.
- This Tarator dip can be preserved for three days and can be kept in the refrigerator as ready to use.
Serve the spicy shrimp hot from the pan with the tartar dip and enjoy it!
The reason you will fall in love with this quick and easy to make appetizer is the taste of shrimp itself that blends well with the tangy taste of the Tarator sauce. If you can choose high-quality shrimps for your dish, then it will taste even better. The best shrimp and prawn providers in India can help you with that. Try out and rock the party with this delicious shrimp recipe.
Sweet and Spicy Moroccan Shrimp is a quick recipe for an easy meal. If you are looking for something to cook a fast yet yummy seafood dish, then this is the best dish you can try. It is both delicious and healthy.
Sweet and Spicy Moroccan Shrimp is a heavily seasoned dish with garlic, cumin, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, and plenty of fresh cilantro and parsley. You can serve it with fresh vegetables and seasoned rice.
The ingredients required to make Sweet and Spicy Moroccan Shrimp are:
- 1 ½ pound jumbo shrimp (peeled)
- 4 ripe tomatoes (but they shouldn’t be fully ripe), it should also be halved, seeded and at the same time grated
- 5 to 6 cloves duly minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaf and fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Grounded Coriander
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Grounded Ginger
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp fresh grounded Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Grounded Cardamom
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Grounded Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Grounded cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 to 3 slices of lemon, halved
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
So, let’s start cooking now
- Take a nonstick pan; put some olive oil in it.
- One the oil is heated add tomatoes, garlic, and cook it over medium heat for about 12 minutes till the tomatoes become pulpy
- Reduce heat. Put some finely chopped parsley, finely chopped cilantro, paprika, cayenne and cumin
- Add the bay leaf and add some salt and pepper as per taste.
- Mix seasonings and flour together in a small bowl.
- Toss the mixture with the shrimp until evenly coated.
- Put the shrimps in the pan and fry until thoroughly cooked. Turn the shrimps occasionally (shrimp should be completely pink).
- Place the lemon slices around the edges of the pan, sprinkle 2 tablespoons water in the side, cover the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and some salad.
Enjoy the dish with your loved ones, stay healthy, stay happy, and stay fit!
Once you cook all the spices mentioned above in olive oil for a minute or two, it brings out the perfect aroma of a Moroccan dish. You can flash cook the shrimp in spicy oil. This recipe serves as the main course for 2 to 3 people or as a starter for 4 to 5 persons. However, remember one thing, before going ahead with the ingredients and direction, please ensure to get juicy shrimp from the best shrimp and prawn providers.
Bibimbap is a super famous Korean dish, generally served as a bowl of warm white rice. The dish is topped with sautéed and seasoned vegetables or traditional fermented vegetables which makes it tastier is the presence of chili pepper paste, soy sauce, or you can also use the fermented soybean paste. A fried egg and sliced meat are frequent additions. But you can make endless variations to the dish depending on your taste bud and preference.
If you’re planning to taste the authentic Bibimbap then you should know that it is made with raw egg yolk mixed with other vegetables. Still, my preference always lies with cooked ingredients. Now we will learn how to make delicious Bibimbap with seafood, and this dish is named Crispy Shrimp Bibimbap. It is super easy to make, and the taste can definitely make you feel good.
Before going ahead with the ingredients and direction, please ensure to get juicy shrimp from the best shrimp providers, fresh and crunchy vegetables, and seasoned rice to get the best taste!
Know your ingredients first
The ingredients required to make Crispy shrimp Bibimbap are:
- 500 g Shrimp from the best shrimp providers with shells removed except tails and deveined
- 2 tbsp of Korean hot red chili paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic duly minced
- 1’2 cup edible mushroom
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup and 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups oil for frying and 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cups of fresh spinach with 2 cloves of garlic minced together
- ½ cup carrots cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup kimchi or cabbage if unable to find kimchi
- ½ cup fresh bean sprouts
- 3-4 bowls of cooked rice
- 3-4 sunny side up fried egg
- Sriracha for serving
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
So, let’s start cooking now
- Mix honey, garlic, and vinegar very well in a large bowl and set aside
- In a non-stick pan, put some garlic and sauté it in canola oil. Add some fresh spinach and sauté till it droops. Sprinkle some salt and pepper as per the taste. Put it in a bowl and set aside.
- Put some oil in the pan and heat it for frying
- In a large bowl, mix flour, water, and cornstarch to form the batter. Dip each shrimp into the batter and deep fry until golden and crispy.
- Now toss it well in the red chili paste
- To serve, assemble all in a bowl. Put rice in a bowl; top it with one fried egg, few edible mushrooms, sautéed spinach, carrots, kimchi or cabbage, bean sprouts, and about 3-4 pieces of crispy shrimps. Don’t overcook the shrimp to keep it juicy.
- Finally, sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve with hot chili sauce.
The Korean delicacy is ready for your dinner. Dive in with your chopsticks! And yes, don’t forget to buy quality ingredients from the best shrimp providers.
Most of us love to eat and cook seafood. Looking for the Best Shrimp Providers to buy seafood is essential. Quality prawns make delectable dishes, so care has to be taken while selecting seafood outlets. The prime rule is to avoid overcooking seafood like shrimps and prawns. Seafood is very healthy, and when cooked properly the nutrition value rises considerably. So let us prepare a straightforward, healthy, and delicious recipe today.
The healthy mode of preparing shrimp toast
Healthy snacks are in vogue as we all want to avoid extra calories. You might feel that you have to give up on taste to keep your meals healthy, but don’t worry at all because we have curated a mouthwatering shrimp dish that is healthy so that you can eat guilt-free.
This shrimp toast involves baking and is quite easy to prepare. You can easily find the ingredients required for making this toast. Hence, without further ado, let us know the procedure for making this sumptuous shrimp filled toast.
List of ingredients
- White bread- 6 slices
- Cleaned and deveined shrimp- 200 g
- Minced garlic:1/2 tablespoon
- Egg- 1 yolk (separated from the egg white)
- Crushed black pepper: ¼ tablespoon
- Olive oil- ½ tablespoon
- Melted butter- 2 tablespoons
- Chopped Cilantro- 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – ½ tablespoon
- White sesame seeds(roasted)- for garnishing
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Trim the edges of the bread slices. Cut each piece of bread diagonally. Place the triangular slices on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven (120 Celsius) for around 20 minutes. Dehydrate the bread entirely and then allow it to cool.
- Toss the shrimps with salt and rinse it under cold water. Drain and dry the clean shrimps and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix garlic, egg white, black pepper, sugar, olive oil, and salt.
- Pulse the mixture in a food processor to obtain a coarse consistency.
- Add the chopped Cilantro to the pulsed mixture. This serves as the marinade for the shrimp.
- Cut the shrimp into ¼ inch pieces and combine it with the marinade.
- Apply butter evenly on a baking sheet. Use a spatula to apply an even layer of shrimp marinade on the bread slices. The thickness of the shrimp layer should be equal to the width of the bread slice.
- Arrange the bread slices on the baking sheet and preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Prepare the egg wash by mixing the egg yolk with water.
- Use a brush to apply the egg wash on the top of the bread slices.
- Bake the slices in the oven for around 10 minutes until the color turns golden brown.
- Serve the crispy toasts sprinkled with roasted sesame seeds.
Now your healthy and lip-smacking snack is ready to be served. Choose the best shrimp and prawn providers to buy shrimps, to make this yummy dish.
If you are a fan of seafood, then you may know that shrimps are a great appetizer, and can offer you a healthy meal as well. This Southeast Asian noodle soup with prawn or shrimp is easy to make and also takes simple ingredients that are widely available at the local groceries. The rich taste of coconut milk and shrimps blends well with the rice noodles. You will love to enjoy this delicacy that overwhelms your taste buds with flavors. But it is essential to collect fresh ingredients for your dish. The best shrimp and prawn providers in India will help you get the fresh prawns and shrimps to your kitchen so that you can make this mouth-watering seafood dish with fresh ingredients.
If you want to surprise everyone with this shrimp recipe here is a quick guideline of how to make Laksa shrimp with rice noodles.
Here are your ingredients
First, you have to make half-cup Laksa curry powder, so know the ingredients required to make this. Here are the ingredients for you:
- One-fourth cup of coconut milk
- Three tablespoons of shrimp paste
- One tablespoon vegetable oil
- Two teaspoons light brown sugar
- One teaspoon ground coriander
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- One teaspoon sea salt
- One teaspoon chopped fresh peeled turmeric root or dried powdered turmeric
- Half teaspoon chili powder or cayenne pepper
- Two cloves of garlic crushed
- Two stalks of lemongrass smashed and roughly chopped
- One-inch fresh ginger, peeled and then sliced
- One yellow onion chopped
- One red Fresno Chile stemmed and sliced crosswise
This curry powder is also available in the market in packaged form. So, if you can’t take the hassle you can definitely go for the packaged powder. Now let’s have a look at the other ingredients required to make this:
- Three cups of low-sodium chicken stock
- Two tablespoons fish sauce
- One teaspoon light soy sauce
- One teaspoon light brown sugar
- Juice of one lime
- A fourteen ounce of coconut milk
- Seven ounces dried flat wide rice noodles
- One pound of medium shrimp, deveined, tails left on them
- Sea salt
- Cayenne pepper or red chili flex
- Fresh cilantro stems, handful quantity
- Fresh Thai basil stems, handful quantity
Process of making this delicious treat:
- Making the Laksa curry paste: Take Shrimp paste, oil, coconut milk, brown sugar, coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric chili powder, garlic, ginger, onions, lemongrass, and all other ingredients into a food blender. Keep blending it until it forms a smooth paste. Transfer it in a container. This paste can be preserved in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Heat a pan/ wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the Laksa curry paste and cook, stirring it for two-three minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, coconut milk, and then stir well. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook for about two minutes.
- Boil the noodles in a large pot of water separately until it gets cooked. The time taken is about three minutes. Then drain out the water and wash the noodles in cold water
- Add a three-fourth cup of bean sprouts to the shrimp mixture.
- Add the seasoning with salt and cayenne pepper as per the taste.
- To serve, put the noodles in a bowl, ladle the shrimp and broth over it.
- Garnish with cilantro, basil, remaining bean sprouts over the top. It tastes best when hot.
Your dish is ready! It’s easy to prepare but tastes heavenly. What about trying it out for today’s dinner and bag the title of a veteran chef! Don’t forget to buy seafood from the best shrimp and prawn providers.
Pastel is a popular and traditional Brazilian dish. This evening snack can be found anywhere in Brazil. With summer fast approaching, the long summer nights make the shrimp pastel an excellent snacking option. Healthy and low in calories, this is an ideal evening snack to enjoy.
Traditionally, they are half-circle or rectangle-shaped thin-crust pies. The pies have assorted fillings within it, which are then fried in vegetable oil. They are deep-fried and served with dips or ketchup. And if you enjoy seafood, especially shrimp or prawn, you will enjoy this very much.
If you don’t want to go out and want to enjoy this dish from the comfort of your home, we’ve got you covered. India has some of the best Shrimp and Prawn Providers you can depend on.
Now, let’s see how we can make shrimp pastel at home:
What Ingredients Will You Use?
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 300 g tiger shrimp, shell and tail off, deveined
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 100 g Mozzarella, grated
- 300 mL 35% cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 15 g salt or as per taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 250 – 300 mL of water
Procedure of preparation
Know how to prepare the filling:
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil, to it, add the shrimp already cut in smaller pieces.
- To this mixture, add tomato sauce. Let it cook for some time and then remove it from the heat.
- In another pan, add 35% cream. Stir it for some time so that it gets reduced to 50 ml. Now, add this reduced cream to the shrimp mixture and stir.
- Add previously chopped parsley to this mixture. Add proper amounts of salt and pepper according to taste.
- To this, add grated mozzarella cheese to bring in rich flavor and texture. Allow it to cool down.
- Take necessary amounts of dough and olive oil and mix it with hand.
- Press the dough on a flat surface or use a rolling pin to shape the dough to a desired thickness (preferably thin).
- Now, cut the dough in rectangle shapes. After putting some of the fillings in the center of the rectangular dough, cut it in half. You can brush little amounts of water or olive oil on the sides of the pastel to help it close properly.
- You can also use a fork to press the sides slightly, so the borders are sealed.
- Now, deep fry in hot oil until they turn golden brown.
So, what are you waiting for? Get the best quality shrimps from the best Shrimp and Prawn Providers, and start preparing this delicious dish. Put in your preferred garnishing and enjoy it with a classic dip or ketchup.
A Spanish wholesome and flavorful meal is the Shrimp Paella. Paella is known for its combo of seafood and rice. The rice is given a whole new edge of crispiness, by tossing it on a pan and tanning it yellow with the exotic saffron. If you are in short of saffron, which is an expensive affair too, then turmeric powder will also do the purpose of yellowing. When you are in a hurry but do not want to compromise on gorging on a tasty meal, this Spanish seafood recipe is simply the savior. Using pre-cooked brown rice will shorten your cooking time. You can also use prawns instead of shrimps; they will have more or less the same effect on your taste buds.
Shrimp Paella recipe to satisfy your cravings
- Preparation time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
- Total time is taken- 25 minutes
- Serves – 4 persons
- canola oil, 2 tablespoons
- turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon (1 or 2 pinches of saffron is recommended)
- red bell pepper, chopped, 1 cup
- green peas, 1 cup
- garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon
- Pre-cooked brown rice, 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg
- chicken stock, unsalted, 3 tablespoons
- kosher salt, 3/4 teaspoon
- black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- shrimps, medium, 12 ounces
- fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
Steps to follow
- Take a frying pan, pour the oil in it, and heat in a medium flame.
- Add turmeric, bell pepper, garlic, and peas to it. Let it cook for 2 mins. Stir frequently.
- Add rice, spreading it evenly all over the pan. Do not stir and wait for around 3 mins to cook.
- Add the chicken stock, pepper, and salt to the rice. Stir and spread the mixture evenly over the pan. Let it cook for 7 mins in medium flame without stirring again.
- Put the shrimps or prawns over the rice layer and cover the pan with a lid. Let the shrimps cook for 3 to 4 mins until they are soft and tender.
- As the last step, dribble the lemon juice onto the rice and shrimp or prawn mixture, and you are done with your cooking. Serve hot.
Seafood like shrimps and prawns are rich in animal protein, essential vitamins, and minerals but low in fat and cholesterol. So, it is absolutely ok if you are planning to try out this recipe for most of your fast-paced days. A healthy meal that requires minimum effort and saves on your time – Shrimp Paella is just perfect and hope you have procured the shrimps from the best shrimp and prawn providers.