You can easily be hooked up for a spicy dish like prawn Gassi in Mangalore along the seashores of the Arabian Sea. In Mangalore, we can witness four different types of cuisines that belong to various communities. The use of spices and the cooking style is pretty unique for this Gassi recipe.
You will get pleasant prawns from the Prawn export company in India. One should have a moderate level of knowledge for cooking this platter of Karnataka. We will directly take forth the ingredients and method of preparation of this popular Mangalore dish.
Know the Simple Ingredients of the Recipe
- Prawns from the seafood exporters
- Coriander seeds
- Vegetable oil
- Cumin seeds
- Black peppercorns
- Fenugreek seeds
- Dried red chilies
- Coconut milk
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Know how to Prepare the Recipe without Hassle
- At first, you have to heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Now you can fry onions until it becomes golden brown.
- After taking out the fried onion slices from the pan, you can use the same oil for sautéing the coriander seeds, black peppercorns, garlic red chilies, and fenugreek seeds.
- After that, the coconut milk can be added to make it pulpier in low flame.
- Now you have to transfer the mixture into the mixer grinder after switching off the gas oven.
- Into the mixer grinder, you have to put the fried onions to form a thick paste.
- The thick paste is now ready for cooking. Keep it aside as of now.
- For marinating, you can keep the lovely shrimps that you have purchased from the prime prawn exporters with turmeric powder, salt, and lemon.
- After a few minutes, you have to fry this seafood into the oil. Then keep it aside.
- You have to sauté the onions with the remaining vegetable oil.
- The thick paste has to add with the fried onions.
- Now it is time to add the fried shrimps to the mixture to prepare a thick gravy.
- The tamarind pulp with water has to be ground beforehand into the mixer grinder. This water can simply be added to the pan.
- Add the fried prawns into the mixture and cook it until it is done.
- The Gassi is now ready, so you have to transfer it into a bowl.
You can serve this popular Mangalore dish with hot rice for any person on a plate. This dish has its origin in Karnataka, but it is widely cooked in different parts of the world. It will take less amount of time for the preparation of this delicious dish. Just you have to note one point regarding the quality of seafood. We will suggest the best processor and exporter of Prawn in India. After all, it is a matter of health, hygiene, with tasting standards.