Mexican food is the perfect way to enjoy an interesting gourmet with a range of choices that it offers. Hot and tangy, it’s just right to set the tone for any high-end gathering. For those of you that love to delve into seafood, there are some interesting yet healthy choices for you.
The Shrimp Enchiladas is one such dish that is a great crowd-puller with its spicy and cheesy taste. Moreover, you have the choice to swap in any vegetable for the filling and give it the punch of goodness just the way you want.
With prawns and shrimps being high on protein and minerals, you’ll love to add them to your regular diet regime. Source it from one of the leading or best shrimp and prawn providers.
Here’s how you can easily and quickly make some appetizing Shrimp Enchiladas for your family and friends!
Total time: 35 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 onion, finely diced.
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced.
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- 1 jalapeño with seeds removed and minced.
- 1 pound or approximately 450 grams of shelled removed, deveined, and chopped shrimps.
- Kosher or coarse salt as per taste.
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Ingredients for the sauce
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 ½ carton or 1 ½ liter of milk
- ½ carton or ½ liter of sour cream
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces or 130 grams of green chilis
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Kosher or coarsely ground salt as per taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Ingredients for garnish
- 8 medium-sized flour tortillas/Indian chapatis
- 1 ½ cup of shredded Monterey Jack
- Freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- Pico de Gallo, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño and cook for about 7 minutes until softened.
- Add the shrimps and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through, 5 minutes.
- Take a medium saucepan and melt butter over medium heat, whisking in the flour and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Whisk in the sour milk and sour cream making it a smooth paste.
- Add the green chilis, cumin, and season the mix with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until thickened slightly.
To assemble enchiladas
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on a 9”-x-13” baking pan.
- Take about ⅓ cup of the shrimp mixture and spread it in the middle of a tortilla and sprinkle cheese on it.
- Roll tortilla and place seam side down on the baking dish.
- Repeat process with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese melts and the sauce is bubbly.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with Pico de Gallo.
Enjoy the treat!!!
Looking to jazz up your nutritional uptake in an interesting way? Well, what’s better than seafood when it comes to consuming the right amount of proteins and essential minerals with the least amount of carbohydrate?
Yes, we’re talking about shrimps and prawns!
Consider the quality shrimps coming from one of the tops of the best shrimp and prawn providers. Any such medium-sized shrimp gives about 7 calories! This would mean that even if you were to consume about a dozen of them, your calorie intake would be limited to 85! That would ideally be even 15 calories less than that of your intake from a 3-ounce or approximately 85 grams of chicken breast.
A typical jumbo shrimp, the types that are usually served for cocktails, contain about 14 calories. Add in another 5 calories for the cocktail sauce and you have 19 calories. So, a teaspoon of the sauce and 3 jumbo shrimps give you less than 60 calories!
If you’re impressed already, we’ve for you the recipe of a yum prawn treat that you’ll surely love to delve in any time of the day. Here’s what you need to make some scrumptious Corn Cakes with Soy Sauce!
Total time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 29 minutes
Cooking time: 1 minute
Final serving ingredients
- ½ a cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- ½ a teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ a teaspoon of hot pepper sauce to taste which is optional
- 1/8th teaspoon of pepper
Mix all 7 ingredients in a bowl, chill in refrigerator till serving time.
Ingredients for the cakes:
- ½ a pound of uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp, finely chopped.
- ½ a cup of chopped onion (one small-sized).
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced.
- 1¼ tablespoons of oil for frying.
- ¼ teaspoon of cooking salt.
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour.
- ¼ cup of cornmeal.
- 1 cup of whole kernel corn.
- 1 cup of cream-style corn.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- 1 tablespoon of corn-starch.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Take a large and heavy skillet and add place it over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil in it.
- Once heated, add onion and cook for 1 minute until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add chopped shrimps and cook till they turn pink. Turn off flame and remove the mix.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Place flour, corn-starch, cornmeal, and baking powder. Mix, add the salt and pepper and mix again.
- Take a small bowl and mix the egg, shrimp, and corn together stirring them till all the dry ingredients are well coated with the egg.
- Clean skillet with a paper towel and heat the remaining ¼th tablespoon of oil in it until smoking hot.
- Drop the egg-corn-prawn mix in it in batches in rounded shapes.
- Fry till golden brown on one side, turn and fry the other side till golden brown too.
- Drain oil on the paper towel and serve hot with the refrigerated sauce.
Calorie count: 1 corn-shrimp cake with 1 teaspoon of sauce contains 109 calories with 7g of fat, 22 mg of cholesterol, 8g of carbohydrate and 3 g of protein.
Happy healthy treats on your way!!!
If you’re one of those foodies who never gets over with shrimps and prawns when it comes to seafood, here’s a delicacy that you’ll love to savour anytime.
Yes, we’re talking about the delicious Shrimp & Corn Chowder.
It’s super-easy to make and its lip-smacking taste will get the better of you want to make it at home for yourself and your guests.
The only catch is making it is to pick the right sized shrimps from one of the best shrimp providers. A lot of these providers sell shrimps with labels announcing the number that comes for a given weight making it easy for you to pick the right pack. Smaller numbers of the same weight would mean larger shrimps and vice versa.
For soups, medium-sized shrimps are the best choice as they are easy to eat using a spoon.
Total time: 35 minutes
Preparation time: 10 – 12 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- 1 pound or approximately 450 grams of medium-sized shrimps, peeled and deveined.
- 2 cups corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 6 medium-sized baby red potatoes.
- 3 cloves of diced garlic.
- 1 diced onion.
- 2 teaspoons of butter.
- ¼ cup heavy of cream.
- 4 cups of chicken broth or stock.
- Coarsely ground salt and freshly ground black pepper as per taste.
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika (omit or add more as per taste).
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley leaves.
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano.
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil.
- 1 bay leaf.
- Separate 2¼ cups of kernels from its corncobs and place in a bowl.
- Use a large-holed box grater and scrape the pulp and liquid from the corncobs. Collect it in a bowl (about ½ a bowl) while discarding the cobs.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into ½ inch cubes.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high flame. Add garlic and onion stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes till soft and brown.
- Add the chicken stock/broth and stir. Carefully add in the prawns, corns, potatoes, and bay leaf bringing the mix to a boil. Allow it to boil for about 15 minutes till all pieces are tender.
- When the mix turns translucent, stir in the paprika, basil, oregano, and optional red pepper.
- Boil for a couple of minutes until fragrance emerges.
- Take a cup of the chowder and place it in a blender.
- Process it for 15 seconds.
- Sieve the processed mix and place it back in the pot mix.
- Add the heavy cream and stir the mix.
Put off the flame and serve immediately in 4 bowls garnishing the soup with parsley.
Savour the goodness of seafood packed with good health!
Foodies and connoisseurs are known to go wild when it comes to devouring shrimp and prawn dishes from an assortment of seafood! A source of high protein, shrimps can spice up the food life at any time of the day as a healthy choice. Swoon over a bowl of prawn soup or a steaming bowl of scampi, you can never go wrong with your choice of food when it comes to these lovely little shrimps!
If you’ve already whetted your appetite, we have some more delights coming up your way. We bring to you an easy to make recipe of SHRIMP DUMPLINGS that you can make at home and serve your family or even think of giving your guests the healthy choice to swoon over at the next party!
These homemade shrimp dumplings are easier to make than you could ever imagine and that too with a customized filling giving your guests more to talk about your culinary skills!
Preparation time: 60minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
Makes 36 dumplings.
Ingredients needed for making Shrimp Dumplings
For the dough
- 1 ½ cup of wheat.
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch.
- ¼ teaspoon of normal salt.
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
- 2 ½ teaspoons of vegetable oil.
For the filing
1 pound or approximately 450 grams of peeled, deveined and finely diced shrimps. (Since this is the main ingredient, make sure that you source it from one of the Best Shrimp and Prawn Providers).
- 8 ounces or about 230 grams of ground chicken or ground pork as per your taste and preference.
- 1 cup freshly shredded green cabbage.
- A handful of bamboo shoots.
- 2 thinly sliced green onions.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger.
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- 1 teaspoon mirin (a sweet Japanese rice wine) or dry sherry in case you don’t find mirin.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten.
- Coarse-grained salt and freshly ground black pepper as per taste.
- 2-inch won ton wrappers (in numbers you wish to make the dumplings).
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Soy sauce for the final serving.
Making the dumpling wrappers
- Combine the wheat and tapioca starch along with the salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly stir the mix with boiling water adding in the oil.
- Keep the 2 tablespoons of boiling water handy and add it in case the dough becomes too dry.
- Knead the dough till it attains a smooth and shiny finish
- Cover and rest it aside for 20 minutes.
Preparing the filling
- Take a large bowl and mix the diced shrimp, chicken/pork, cabbage, ginger, green onions, salt and pepper, sesame oil and the mirin and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour to meld the flavour.
- Next, prepare a working base oiling it to make the dumpling wrapper.
- Break off a small part of the dough, press it down with a roller pin to form a flat circle 2½ to 3 inches wide. Take the dumpling mix and place it at the centre of the wrapper spreading it out evenly. Lift the top edge of the wrapper and fold it in a half-circle pinching the closed edge to form a pattern.
- Place the raw dumplings on a plate and cover them to avoid drying.
Cooking the dumplings
When all are ready, place them in a pre-oiled steamer in batches and cook them for about 15 minutes till the wrapper turns translucent and the shrimps inside appear slightly orangish in colour (you’ll need to break one to check).
Serve immediately with soy sauce or any other sauce as per preference.
Are you in a hurry to create something really tasty? We get it, as there are some days that don’t leave you with enough time to make a dish and everything needs to be done fast, but it also needs to be tasty! That’s when your quality frozen shrimp will help you to cook something fresh and amazing. Shrimp easily defrost in cold water and takes very little time to cook.
Ingredients to cook Ginger Sesame Garlic Shrimp
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce for gluten-free version)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 pound 16-20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or canola oil
- 3 green onions, including onion greens, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
One of the best ways to cook shrimp is to give it a right stir-fry, and simply cook it through. If you cook it for too long, you might get something very rubbery and dry. Anyway, let us check the ways to cook Ginger Sesame Garlic Shrimp.
Instructions to cook Ginger Sesame Garlic Shrimp
- Take a medium bowl and add soy sauce, brown sugar, and seasoned rice vinegar, until the sugar has dissolved, whisk them together properly. Take olive oil, minced garlic, sesame oil, grated ginger and put shrimps along with the marinade in the bowl. Toss everything and keep it aside to chill for some time.
- If you have missed the sesame seeds, then add them in the pan on medium heat until they become brown.
- The next step is to stir-fry green onions and shrimps. Take a pan and add cooking oil on high heat. Just when the oil is hot, When the oil is shimmering hot, take a slotted spoon and drop the marinated shrimps in the pan. And, sauté it for a minute.
- It’s time to add the sliced green onions and keep frying each and individual shrimp if you think it is needed, however, the shrimps must be completely pink and golden brown in colour.
- Now, take the shrimp and move it from the heated pan and place it on a serving bowl. And, the remaining marinade, add it with the hot pan and heat it until it becomes thick and turns into a syrup.
Your Ginger Sesame Garlic Shrimp is ready to be served with rice, bao, bok choy, or any other Hakka noodle item. Well, to have the best-frozen shrimps, you have to acquire them form the Best Shrimp and Prawn Providers from Asia. Authentic tastes depend on how authentic the product is, which makes every penny worth it.
The Bang Bang Shrimp is a popular and favourite dish and is always paired with the crunchy, creamy, and sweet sauce which is insanely addictive. No matter how often you cook it, the taste buds will always crave for more. Read along to know more about the scintillating and delicious recipe. Let us now take a look at the ingredients of the dish.
Ingredients for Shrimp
- 2 panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- Fresh chopped cilantro
For Bang Bang Sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Kosher salt
Directions for Cooking Bang Bang Shrimp
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 400° and place a huge baking sheet to cover with parchment paper.
- Take a shallow bowl, add bread crumbs, garlic powder, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Take another shallow bowl and whisk eggs, keep it as it is.
- In the third bowl, take all-purpose flour.
- It’s time to dip the shrimp in the flour, whisked eggs, and bread crumbs and repeat it two times to elevate the crunchy flavour.
- Then place the shrimps in the baking sheet.
- The next step is to put the shrimps in the oven and bake it for 15 minutes until it turns golden.
How to make the Bang Bang Sauce?
Take a medium bowl and mix sweet chilli sauce, mayonnaise, lime juice, sriracha, honey, salt and pepper to season together.
The next step is to drizzle the sauce over the shrimp and garnish it with some freshly chopped cilantro before you can serve it hot.
What sort of shrimp should you order?
The size of the shrimps completely depends on you and we always recommend getting it deveined and peeled which helps to lessen the preparation time. Moreover, Seafood Processors are all busy in offering quality shrimps all over the world. The most reliable quality will give you the most excellent flavour!
The recipe is a very popular one in the United States and has always been a go-to-go dish for people who do not have much time to prepare dinner. The recipe for Linguine with Shrimp Scampi is an easy one that does not require much time and effort. Easy cooking and great eating.
Ingredients for cooking Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
- 2 pounds large shrimp (about 32 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Directions to cook Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
- Take a large pot, pour water and bring it to boil adding saltwater and oil. Take 1 tablespoon of linguine and cook the mixture for about 7-10 minutes.
- Until they are cooking, take a large pan with a heavy bottom, melt the butter along with olive oil and cook it over medium heat.
- The next step is to add garlic and make sure you don’t burn it.
- Now, add the shrimps with half a tablespoon of salt, pepper and saute it for about 5 minutes.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat, add lemon zest and juice, slices and fresh red pepper. Toss the entire combination and give it a good stir.
- After the pasta is cooked, drain the excess water and bring it back to the pot. Add the shrimps and the sauce, saute well and serve hot and fresh!
We bet you cannot skip this recipe because it’s easy and healthy!
The hero of the dish is shrimp, and if you are a foodie, make sure you procure shrimps from the Best Shrimp and Prawn providers available. This will not only give your dish a good taste but also make sure you consume the best from the best!
Szechuan Shrimp is an all-time classic Chinese recipe that is quite popular everywhere in the world. The recipe is tangy and spicy and comprises strong flavours on the top tender shrimp. As we already said about a lot of flavours, let us check out the ingredients needed for Szechuan Shrimp.
Let us now check out the instructions to cook Szechuan Shrimp
Directions to Cook Delicious Szechuan Shrimp
- Take 1 teaspoon of oil and mix the shrimp together and take ½ teaspoon of corn-starch and coat the shrimp evenly from all sides.
- On medium heat, take the leftover teaspoon of oil and add in the wok. The next step is to add ginger and sauté it for 30 sec. Now, add the Jiang or popularly known as hot chili oil, shallots, garlic and continue to stir fry for the next 2 mins.
- Now, take the ketchup along with the hoisin sauce and heat it on a low flame gradually taking it to medium. It will cook for about 2 mins bringing aroma and flavour. Very soon lower heat to avoid burning.
- The next step is to add Shaoxing wine, red bell pepper, and water chestnuts and sauté it for 2 minutes. It’s time to add chicken stock and boil the mix.
- Now, lower the heat and add rice vinegar, sugar, salt, and white pepper, continue stirring for the next 3 minutes. After that, increase the heat and sauté the shrimp.
- Once sauce and shrimp mixture becomes steady, lower heat and add corn-starch until the sauce becomes thick. You must observe that the shrimp has become opaque and is well cooked, add scallions and serve with a garnish plate of steaming rice.
Here you go, your Szechuan shrimp is ready. It is a perfect weekend dinner when it comes to eating with family and loved ones. It is important to remember that quality dishes come from quality products from the leading shrimp and prawn exporters. Buy good products to make sure your recipes taste the best.
Let us introduce you to a classic recipe of your favourite item shrimp. It takes only 15 mins to get into your plate. It is a dish that is perfectly paired with crusty bread that soaks up all the delicious butter gravy for an effortless weeknight feast. The name shrimp scampi might be highly fancy, but it’s an easy dinner to brighten up your weeknight. The sauce that is followed with the sauce has garlic touch in it along with lots of butter. Let us check the ingredients that are needed to make a Classic Shrimp Scampi.
Ingredients for cooking Classic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 5 lbs large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chardonnay, dry white wine pinot grigio, or sauvignon blanc (chicken broth/stock can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
How to Make a Classic Shrimp Scampi Recipe?
Before cooking, make sure all the necessary ingredients are ready. It helps to move the recipe quickly. When you are done, you can easily season it with pepper and salt along with minced garlic, lemon zest, and some freshly chopped parsley.
- Take a non-stick skillet and pour some olive oil.
- The next step is to add minced garlic and pepper to cook over medium heat. Make sure you do not brown it much.
- Take the shrimps and place it over the oil in a single layer and leave it on the skillet for three to four minutes.
- Flip the deveined shrimps and follow the same previous step.
- Now, it’s time to remove the shrimp and mix white wine, lemon juice, and zest in the skillet.
- Add some shrimps back and mix it with parsley and give it a god stir.
If you want to make the shrimp scampi sauce thicker, you must simmer the stove when you are adding lemon juice and wine so that the liquidness decreases. The procedure will cause the water to evaporate and will give you a thick sauce, adding a great flavour to your dish. Moreover, buying quality shrimps also matters when it comes to scampi dishes. Get hold fo the frozen shrimps coming from the reputed Processor and exporter of shrimps. Your dish is ready to be served! Enjoy your scampi meal today.
For individuals who are looking for a lip-smacking low carb meal, shrimp Florentine with zoodles can be the perfect dish. Besides the recipe is low in calories, it tastes sumptuous as well. Let’s see how both being low in calorie content is good for your body.
Below given is a quick, simple yet delicious recipe that you can cook at home. Give it a look.
Ingredients to Cook Shrimp Florentine with zoodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into noodle-shape strands
- 1/2 large yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounces) bag baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to cook Shrimp Florentine with zoodles
- Moderately heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and unsalted butter in a large frying pan. Blend them properly.
- Using a spiralizer shape the zoodles into finely thin noodles
- Add the noodles into the frying pan. Also add onions, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of properly chopped garlic into it. Mix all the contents and leave until the noodles become tender and onions turn golden brown. It will take about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now, transfer this mixture to a medium-sized container.
- In the same frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter again
- Cook and stir the shrimps and add 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic to it and leave it for 3 to 4 minutes until the shrimps turn pink.
- To this, add lemon juice, spinach, salt, red pepper flakes, and properly grounded black pepper. Mix all the contents for 2 to 3 minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Now add the zoodle mixture into the frying pan again with the spinach and shrimp already on it. Stir them properly for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the meal onto the serving plate and enjoy.
People generally don’t get time to cook recipes and take a healthy diet due to their busy schedules. The shrimp Florentine with zoodles only takes 15 minutes to be prepared, which is why people widely prefer this food.
Shrimp contains a cancer-fighting mineral – selenium. It can be a great addition to any healthy diet as it is very low in calories but high in protein. Shrimp has selenium- a mineral that fights cancer. It can be a great supplement to any diet as it contains low calories but is high in protein content. It is considered to be one of the best sources of iodine that is necessary for proper brain health and thyroid function. Shrimp also provides omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids to your body. Get hold of the best Shrimp and Prawn Exporters to buy the best quality shrimps.
Zoodles are strands of zucchini that are cooked into the shape of noodles like linguine, spaghetti or soba noodles. To shape the zoodles, a spiralizer is needed. Not only are zoodles low in calories and carbs, but also a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, potassium, etc. Just two cups of zoodles will meet about 14 percent of your daily dietary fiber requirements.