It’s quick, it’s easy to make, and the flavors are truly irresistible. The sumptuous combination of butter, garlic, and parsley creates a savory and aromatic sauce that perfectly complements the tender prawns. Whether it is for a special dinner to serve your family or to impress your guests over brunch, this garlic butter prawns recipe is a surefire hit.
Garlic prawn/shrimp stir-fry is a standard dish for both Asian and Western households. There is one in every community and household. Simple salt, pepper, a splash of white wine, lemon juice, and parsley are typically used to season butter garlic prawns in Spanish, Italian, and English cuisine. Soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, garlic, and spring onions are the main ingredients in Chinese-style garlic prawns. Fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, or chilies are used to season Thai garlic prawns. While coriander and crushed red pepper flakes add flavor to the Indian style of cooking butter garlic prawns.
Getting back to our dish.Garlic Butter Prawn is a versatile dish that can be served as an appetizer or a main course, depending on your preference. You can pair it with a variety of sides such as rice, pasta, or crusty bread. This recipe is simple and requires only a few ingredients, making it perfect for a quick and easy meal. Plus, the fresh parsley and lemon wedges add a pop of color and freshness to the dish, making it not only delicious but also visually appealing. The aroma of garlic and butter cooking together is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more. So, let’s dive into the recipe and create a truly delectable dish that everyone will love!
Garlic Butter Prawns
- 1 lb large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Take a large skillet and melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
- Add the prawns to the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and slightly golden brown.
- Add the chopped parsley and stir the prawns around in the garlic butter mixture.
- Serve the prawns immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
And that’s it! Enjoy your delicious garlic butter prawns!