Prepare this unique type of omelet specially made in Thailand. People of Thailand usually have this with bread as their breakfast or even with rice for a light lunch. You can also make a sandwich with this omelet. You can also enjoy it with some mayonnaise and some vegetables.
It can be a perfect evening snack, especially for kids. You can prepare this tasty dish with simple ingredients available at our home. People who love eating omelets should try this fascinating and easy recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Three eggs
- 6-8 medium-sized prawns deveined and cut into halves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- One teaspoon of fish sauce
- A squeeze of lime
- Two tablespoons of sunflower oil
- Cut one onion and one cucumber into slices for plating.
Let’s Delve in the Process:
- Flat non-stick pans are best for omelets, so use that only. Now, beat the three eggs in a bowl. Mix salt, black pepper, fish sauce, and lime extract and keep aside.
- Next, take the non-stick pan and heat some sunflower oil to shallow fry the prawns. Keep the prawns in a separate bowl, and heat the pan with oil on high flame.
- Next, pour the egg mixture to make the omelet. When one side of the omelet gets cooked, immediately place the prawns on the omelet and flip over the omelet.
- Now, turn off the gas and let the prawns cook in steam over the omelet.
- Your Thai-style omelet is ready to eat. Serve it with the sliced onions and cucumbers. To get a spicy flavor, you can have this omelet with any pepper sauce, or else kids will love this with tomato sauce.
You can buy your ingredients from Megaa Moda, which serves the best fresh prawns in India. They export their products to other countries. If you want to make this recipe with the best fresh prawns, then this brand will surely be the right choice.