This Italian dish requires primary ingredients and is thus very simple to cook. Not to mention that when obtained from the best prawn exporters or shrimp export companies in India, the prawns or shrimps can turn out to be the best version of a seafood treat.
Total cooking time: 40 minutes
Serves: 2 adults
- Prawns: 12, raw, large, whole shell-on and from the top seafood exporters.
- Orecchiette: 150g
- Olive oil: 6 tbsp
- Garlic: 2 cloves, finely sliced
- Dried chili flakes: a large pinch
- Parsley leaves: a handful, chopped
- Peel off the heads from the prawns, remove the shells from their bodies and keep them aside. Leave the tails on. To remove the black veins, cut their back and remove it. Give them a good wash and pat dry.
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook the orecchiette in it until soft. Drain the water and keep the orecchiette aside. Remember to keep a cup of drained water for further use.
- Take a medium-sized frying pan and heat the olive oil in it. Fry the heads and shells gently over medium heat and let it sizzle for 5 minutes. Take out the heads and shells. Be careful to leave behind as much oil as possible.
- As the next step, fry the garlic and chili gently in the oil. The garlic must not turn brown. At this point, add the prawns and a pinch of salt, and let them cook until they turn pink.
- As soon as the prawns start turning pinkish, add the orecchiette to the pan. The reserved pasta water must also be added to make it saucy. Toss, add the chopped parsley, and toss again before serving hot.
There are many leading shrimp and prawn exporters, exporting and supplying seafood across various countries worldwide. However, the processor & exporter of seafood in India promises the finest of every prawn recipe.