Prawn moilee is a traditional seafood dish, which is enjoyed everywhere. You can get good ingredients from the best processor and exporter of Prawn in India.
Ingredients you must be aware of to prepare this authentic and yummy dish
- Green chilies as required
- 55ml (about half cup) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 30 fresh curry leaves
- 2 cups of Spanish white onions, which is around 300g. Make sure it is sliced a little chunky is good.
- 15g (1 Tbsp.) garlic paste
- 15g (1 Tbsp.) ginger paste
- 2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 25g fresh root ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 400ml (about 2 cups) coconut milk
- 250ml (about 1 cup) coconut cream
- Large prawns, according to requirement, get them from the best shrimp exporter company in India.
- Take medium tomatoes, again around 300g. Cut them into small bite-sized wedges
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Know the process of cooking this delicious meal
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Now add oil to it. After that, let it warm for a few seconds.
- Now add the mustard seeds with curry leaves. Now you will hear a crackle for a few seconds or so.
- Add the onions and sauté lightly for 15 minutes, until soft but not colored.
- Now, add the garlic and ginger pastes with salt, black pepper, and turmeric. It’s time sauté, so carry out the process for 3 minutes. Don’t forget to stir regularly. Now, just add the sliced chilies and ginger and cook for 3 minutes. Slice the chilies into three or four long strips.
- Now, it’s time to add coconut milk and cream. Stirring occasionally, cook the entire thing for 20 minutes.
- While the curry is simmering, place a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Now, add the remaining 1 tbsp oil. Now, add the curry leaves here and toss until it is crisp. Drain the extra oil on the curry leaves on kitchen paper before setting it aside.
- Now, time for the prawns to be a part of this recipe. Add them with tomatoes to the sauce. Now cook it on a low flame gently for 5–6 minutes until your seafood is cooked enough. However, avoid overcooking. Else they will be tough. For best results, just get hold of the best shrimp export company.
- Us these fried and crisp curry leaves and the lemon wedges on the side, and garnish the dish with your love and care.
If you are cooking in a microwave preheat the oven to 350°F and place a large pot over medium heat. The rest of the process is the same as that of cooking in a gas. Now your dish is all prepared to serve hot. However, if you sincerely want to enjoy the best taste, you cannot miss buying the prawns from the best seafood export company.