Shrimps or prawns are the tastiest source of protein and require very little time and effort for the whole cooking process. Thus, they can be prepared as a snack item. Or for a hearty meal, as per the call of the hour. This particular dish is full of nature’s goodness and serves to fill your tummy and nutrients requirements, too.
The best shrimp and prawn providers across the world know the importance of this particular seafood item. Thus, shrimp exporters thrive to provide for the best quality. There are good quality and quantity of Processor & Exporter of Seafood in India, bringing out the best of this extraordinary seafood dish.
Some Quick Fact about the Recipe
Preparation time– 20 mins
Cooking time – 5 to 6 mins
Serves – 3 or 4 adults
What do you need for the shrimp and salad?
- Shrimp (or prawn, as per your preferences) – 1 pound medium, deveined, let the shells be on
- Romaine lettuce – 6 cups, chopped
- Cucumber – 1, seedless, trimmed like noodles
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt and pepper – as per taste
- Avocado – 1, peeled and thinly sliced
Ingredients Required For the Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Greek yogurt – 1/2 cup, plain, nonfat
- Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup, grated
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 teaspoons
- Garlic – 1 clove, smashed
- Dijon mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 3 tablespoons, freshly squeezed
- Sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper – a pinch or as per preference
Know the Preparation Process:
- Take a large bowl for the mixing to be done. Put all the ingredients mentioned for the salad preparation. Whisk all of them together.
- Add in the lettuce and cucumber in noodles form and give them a nice toss to combine them properly.
- Take a medium-sized bowl. Put the shrimps (or prawns) in it along with the olive oil and toss. At this point, season the shrimps with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir the whole mixture so that the shrimps are well coated with the mixture.
- Set your oven in medium-high heat and place a large-sized skillet on it. Once the skillet is adequately heated up, add the shrimp mixture and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip once and cook for another 2 minutes or so. Watch for the shrimps to curl up and turn opaque, and you will know that they are done. Remove the cooked shrimps from heat.
- Place the salad onto a plate with the prepared shrimp on the top and avocado slices on one side. Serve at once so that you can enjoy the best of this exotic seafood preparation.