This exquisite dish belongs to God’s Own Country, Kerala. This is a delicate recipe for seafood. The presentation of this dish is also eye-catching. It is served just like a parcel made of banana leaf. Once the parcel is unfolded, an appetizing layer of fried prawns with succulent masala comes out. It will whip up your tasty platter.
Some essential facts about the preparation
Time for preparation: 10 minutes
Time required for cooking: 35 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4 people
Total time needed for cooking: 45 Minutes.
Ingredients you need:
Ingredients you require to cook this yummy dish:
- 6 prawns
- Chilli powder
- Turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Lime juice to elicit the taste even more.
- 2 tsp of coconut oil.
- ¼ tsp of mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp of fenugreek seeds
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp of chopped garlic
- Half of Chopped onion
- Uncut 10 shallots
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp of crushed black pepper
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- Half chopped tomato
- ½ cup of fish stock
- ¼ cup of coconut milk.
- Salt as per taste.
Know the process of preparations:
Instruction needs to be followed:
- Marinate the prawns with chili powder, turmeric, lime juice, and salt. Keep the same for at least 10 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat 2 tsp of oil and sauté the marinated prawns for 5 minutes on an absolutely low flame. Then, keep them aside.
Now the primary preparation:
- Heat the pan with some oil. Let mustard and fenugreek seeds crackle in the hot oil.
- Put in some curry leaves along with other ingredients, followed by fish stock too. Stir-fry the chopped onion and shallots till the brown colors come out.
- Now add prawns and cover them for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and again cook the same for 5 minutes.
- Cook until the gravy becomes semi-dry consistency and prawn turns dark brown in color. Give a final touch by adding coconut milk to it and turn off the flame after 30 sec.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Your delicious dish is ready to serve.
This Malabari seafood is genuinely a lip-smacking dish. Prawns are marinated with lime juice and spices. The cuisine becomes more delectable when herbs, masala, and coconut milk are added while cooking. Just look for the best Shrimp and Prawn providers from the processor and exporter of Seafood in India.