Koliwada Prawn is actually a great starter. The name of this mouth-watering dish is originated from the Sion-Koliwada region of Mumbai. Moreover, this mouth-watering dish is made by a Punjabi immigrant. Koliwada Prawn is basically deep-fried. Its crunchiness comes from a distinguished red color. Well, Kashmiri red chili powder is responsible for this yummy texture of the dish. This seafood dish is absolutely delicious, simple, and easy to cook for parties or any occasion. This appetizer is coated with crispiness with a direct contrast with juiciness inside. The combination of crisp and tenderness of the shrimps allow the foodies to have it again and again. The green chutney and a pinch of chat masalas enhance the taste of this recipe even more.
This Maharashtrian delicacies needs:
Preparation time: 25 Minutes
Cooking time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 4 people
Ingredients require for cooking:
- 12 Deveined and shelled large prawns
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 2 tsp of Roasted cumin powder
- 2 tsp of ginger paste
- 2 tsp of Garlic paste
- 2 tsp of Lemon juice
- 3 tsp of Yogurt
- 5-6 tsp of Gram Flour
- Oil for deep fry
- Chaat masalas
- Rings of onions to serve
- Slices of lemon to serve
- Green chutney to serve.
How to cook?
- Take a bowl. Put the prawns into the bowl. Add salt as per taste, ginger and garlic paste, Kashmiri red chili powder, and lime juice. Mix them well.
- Now add 3 tsp of curd. To this, add gram flour. Mix it well at least for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a pan. Put a sufficient amount of oil for deep fry. Heat the pan.
- Once the oil is heated. Then add the marinated prawns onto the hot oil. Allow it to deep fry. Wait until it turns golden brown. Drain the excess oil onto the absorbent paper.
- For tangy flavor, sprinkle some chat masala on the fried Serve the dish with green chutney in a bowl and garnish it with rings of onions and lime slices.
Your Koliwada Prawns dish is ready-to-eat. Serve it hot and enjoy the tempting seafood dish on your own. Grab hold with the best shrimps and prawn providers from the best prawn exports in India. Allow yourselves to make this delicate dish of seafood in the best possible way.