This particular shrimp fry recipe is all about seafood with the correct flavoring of authentic Indian spices. This requires a minimal preparation process and easy cooking procedures but has everything to make your meal mouth-watering. Shrimps or prawns exporter in India is a thriving trade. Mainly because of the fine quality that’s there in the coastal regions. Do not forget to get your shrimps from the quality shrimp exporters near you to derive the best of this spicy dish.
Preparation time– 5 mins
Marination time – 30 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
Serves – 3 adults
- Shrimp or prawn – 400gm cleaned and deveined. Go for the best shrimp providers or best prawn providers to get the best of this dish.
- Green chilies – 2 or more, slit from the middle.
- Dry red chilies – 2, halved.
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – ½ teaspoon, or as per taste
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Wash and pat dry the deveined shrimps (or prawns, as per your choice).
- Take a mixing bowl, add the cleaned shrimp along with turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, and ginger garlic paste, and lemon juice. Season with salt and mix well.
- Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour for the marination process.
- Take a pan and heat coconut oil in it. Add dry red chilies, green chilies, and curry leaves to the heated oil. Let them sauté for few seconds.
- At this point, add your pre-marinated shrimps or prawns. Stir for few minutes to mix them well with the oil and close the lid, cook under this condition for around 8 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add to its black pepper powder and cook for few more minutes until the moisture let out by the shrimps evaporates.
- Cook for around 15 minutes and check for the salt. Add more if required.
Your Indian-style shrimps are done. Switch off the heat and serve hot with rice or rotis, as per your preferences.
Note that; do not overcook the shrimps or prawns. The best processor and exporter of seafood in India will tell you how overcooking might turn the shrimps into a rubbery form.