Talk of the Mediterranean diet you ought to hear about a variety of fishes and other seafood. Shrimps or prawns are considered among snacks. However, when cooked in a different style can go with the main dish, as well. Look out for the best shrimp providers near you. Now, stir up a delicious platter with this easy-to-cook Mediterranean shrimp recipe.
Know the tit-bits of the preparation and the ingredients
- Preparation and cooking time– total 10 mins (approx.)
- Cooking time: 15 mins (approx.)
- Serves – for 4 to 6 adults
Ingredients to prepare the Mediterranean shrimp dish:
- Shrimp (or prawn, whatever is your choice) – 1 ¼ lb large, peeled and deveined
- All-purpose flour – 1 tbsp
- Spanish paprika – smoked, 2 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp or as per taste
- Pepper – ½ tsp or as per taste
- Coriander – ½ tsp grounded
- Cayenne – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ¼ tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Shallots – 3, thinly sliced
- Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Green bell pepper – half, sliced
- Yellow bell pepper – half, sliced
- Tomato – 1 cup, diced
- chicken or vegetable broth – ⅓ cup
- White wine – 2 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Parsley leaves – ⅓ cup, finely chopped
Now let’s see how the whole dish is cooked
- Take a large bowl. Pat the shrimps (or prawns) dry and place them in the bowl. Add to it flour, paprika, coriander, and cayenne. Now, season well with salt, pepper, and sugar. Toss well so that the shrimps are appropriately coated with the mixture.
- Take a large cast-iron skillet and heat it on a medium flame. Melt butter with the oil in it. Once heated, add to it shallots and garlic. Sauté for 2 to 3 mins, until the color of shallot changes.
- Now, add the bell peppers. Stir for another around 4 minutes.
- At this stage, add the shrimps. The shrimps will take very little time to cook, so stir for 1 to 2 minutes and add diced tomatoes, broth, and white wine. Toss them well and cook for about 5 minutes until the shrimps change color to bright orange. As the last addition, add the lemon juice, stir and then garnish with parsley leaves.
- Serve hot to enjoy the best of the exotic dish.
This particular recipe is simple to make and flavorsome to impress your taste buds. Don’t forget to procure the fresh shrimps from the best seafood exporters from India for that extra taste of any recipe!