Asian kinds of sesame shrimp spooned over delicate polenta are an incredible weeknight supper. You can add some hot sauce for an additional kind of flavour.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 1 teaspoon
- Chicken broth-2 cups
- Water-2 cups
- Instant Polenta Cornmeal-1 cup
- Fresh thyme-1 tablespoon or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Granulated garlic-1 teaspoon
- Parmesan cheese grated-1/3 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- garlic minced, divided-2 cloves
- Red pepper flakes-1/8 teaspoon
- Salt divided-1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper divided-1/4 teaspoon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil-2 tablespoons
- Extra-large shrimp peeled and deveined-1pound
- Garlic minced-2 cloves
- Lemon zested and juiced-1
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil-3 tablespoons
- Salt-1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper-1/4 teaspoon
- Sun-dried tomatoes drained and thinly sliced-1/3 cup
- Red onion thinly sliced-1/3 cup
- 10-ounce jar baby artichokes or artichoke hearts rinsed, drained, patted dry
- Parsley fresh chopped-1/2 cup
- Metal skewers
- Bamboo skewers
1. Add olive oil to a small pan and use a paper towel to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside.
2. Add chicken broth, water, thyme, garlic and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Slowly add the polenta into the chicken broth, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk and cook polenta for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
3. Pour the polenta into the pan and smooth the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate until firm, several hours or overnight.
4. In a medium bowl, combine 2 cloves of the garlic, the lemon zest, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Stir to combine. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
For the toppings
5. In a medium bowl combine the garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, grape tomatoes, artichokes and parsley. Toss to combine. Set aside.
6. Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
7. Turn the polenta out onto a cutting board. Slice polenta into 1/2 thick slices. Lightly brush them with olive oil. Lightly oil the grill grates and make sure the grill is hot before adding the polenta – it can have a tendency to stick. Grill the polenta for about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter.
8. Grill the shrimp for about 1-2 minutes per side, until pink and opaque. Transfer to a serving platter.
9. To serve: Arrange the polenta on a serving platter. Spoon the topping over the polenta. Arrange the shrimp skewers over the topping. Serve.
We all carve for the smoky taste that comes from the grilled recipes of the restaurants. In this COVID -19 pandemic, nothing can be better if you try out the grilled techniques of the restaurants and get the same taste in your own dishes easily at home. This grilled shrimp resembles the same that you relish in the restaurants. Get yourself access with the best quality shrimps from the best shrimps and prawn providers that will undoubtedly help you achieve the mind-boggling taste.