In recent times India has been on the global map for for being one of the Leading Shrimp and Prawn Exporters. This is a great move, but this didn’t happen overnight. Frankly speaking India never enoyed any strategic position in the export of shrimps globally. So what really became the game changing tactics that took India to such a leviathan position. Here in this particular article we would discuss a few crucial areas that will allow you to understand how India gained supremacy in the world market.
1. Early Mortality Syndrome proved to fatal for thailand–
- In the yesteryears it was not really possible for any country to outpace Thailand’s export of shrimp to the US.
- It is arguably the biggest shrimp market. It continued for a long time till Early Mortality Syndrome (EMS) brought an end to it.
- This is a disease that attacks the hepatopancreas of the shrimp.
- This is a major setback for the South East Asian country that started way back in 2009.
- This unforeseen circumstance in Thailand opened the doorway for India.
- With passage of time India got greater influence in the world market and went on capitalizing it.
- At the same time India was successful in producing quantum amount of white shrimps and this brought about halcyon days for all.
2. The devaluation Of Indian Rupees–
The next reason that we would analyse is the devaluation of Indian rupees and this has made sea food more attractive in the foreign market. The Best Shrimp and Prawn Exporters have gathered reports from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in the US, import of shrimp from India through the entire year of 2014 exceeded more than 219 million pounds. It was almost around 16% more than the same period in the past year of 2013.
3. The Reliability Of Indian Shrimp Market–
One of the key factors that really made the Indian market more robust is the reliability. It is often being said that Indian market is quite reliable.The businessmen and fishermen here are very accurate and quite active. They have a proper understanding about the daily market and the upswings and downswings.
These are few factors that have allowed India to gain exposure and enjoy a healthy position in the global shrimp market. To be honest, the number is sure to increase in the days to come and our nation is sure to enjoy more strategic position. Shrimp and prawns export india is sure to to be one of the game changer that might help the Indian economy in a larger way.