This shrimp pozole recipe is an authentic and dish that is stuffed with veggies of your choice. Traditional pozole dishes involve cooking with hominy along with chicken stocks and most importantly seafood i.e. shrimps. Your seafood ought to be fresh so make it a point that you get them from the best shrimp and prawn providers.
- Unsalted chicken stock- 1 cup
- Drained and rinsed white hominy – 15 ounces
- Chopped onion-1 cup
- Grounded cumin – 11/2 tablespoon
- Minced garlic- 1 tablespoon
- Dried oregano – 2 tablespoon
- Thinly sliced radish – ¾ cup
- Freshly chopped cilantro leaves- ½ cups
- Lime – ½
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
- Corn tortillas- 8
- Deveined and peeled shrimp from the best shrimp and prawn provider– 11/2 pounds
- Cabbage – 2 cups
Stir together the chicken stock, hominy, onion, cumin, garlic and oregano in a 5 to 6 quartz slow cooker. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender. Add the shrimp to the slow cooker cover and cook until the shrimp turns pinkish for about 10 -15 minutes. Using a spoon transfer the shrimp mixture to a bowl, season it with ¼ teaspoon of salt.
Combine the cabbage, radish and cilantro in a medium bowl. Squeeze lime equal to 1 tablespoon or half .Sprinkle the cabbage mixture with the lime juice and olive oil. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss gently to coat.
Divide the shrimp mixture and slaw mixture evenly among the tortillas. Cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnishing on the top by serving them with tacos.