Prawn is one of the most famous seafood and a favorite dish, preferred in lunch and dinner. There is no doubt that shrimp can be a grand meal, a tremendous mouth-watering side dish. Different ways are there to make the prawn dish tastier, but there is a rule that you cannot overcook your prawn. Prawn Balchao Recipe is a fiery dish from Goa. Prawns are stir-fried first and then added to a curry sauce to create a dish that makes the taste buds tingle and demand it for more.
The above tips are enough to help you make a proper decision while buying the ingredient-so time for cooking. Let’s cook:
Know about the Ingredients needed for the Prawn Balchao Recipe
- 4 cups of cleaned and deveined medium-sized Prawn (Shrimp)uncooked
- ½-cup oil
- 2 cups onion finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups tomato finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- For masala making
- 10-12 dried red chilies Kashmiri or Byadgi
- 2 teaspoons cumin jeera or cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds or rai seeds
- ½-cup vinegar
- 8-10 whole cloves
- 1 to 2-inch cinnamon sticks
- 7-8 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
Here comes the preparation of this delicious item
- Grind all the ingredients in the masala section (chilies, garlic, ginger, cloves, cumin and mustard seeds, cinnamon stick, and vinegar) to a fine paste. Set aside.
- In a deep dish pan kept over medium heat, add 1/4 cup oil, and when it heats up, sauté the prawns (or shrimp) for a couple of minutes, till they change color. Use a slotted spoon to scoop the prawns out and to drain oil. Set the prawns aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil and fry onions until they are soft and translucent (in approximately 10 minutes). Add tomatoes to it and continue to fry them until the onion-tomato mixture has turned soft and mushy and oil starts to surface (in approximately 10-12 minutes)
- Add the ground masala along with 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes, then add prawns, sugar, and mix well. Add water to adjust the consistency of the sauce to your liking. Cover the pan and let the prawns simmer in the sauce for another 8-10 minutes until it is cooked thoroughly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice
To prepare this mouth-watering dish, all you need to put some extra effort spare sometime. You will cook like a restaurant-style dish but don’t forget to buy the prawn from Best Prawn Provider for your lovely family. It is easy to prepare, and the outcome is good. Just try it once this fantastic recipe today and you will be really appreciated by your family members.