The Top Exporters of Seafood in India have brought for you this iconic Greek dish which is so full of flavours, satisfying and hearty with just a hint of fat in it. Comfort food around the world has to include some kind of pasta with it. Orzo also known as risoni, kritharaki or manestra which is a form of short-crust pasta, shaped like a large grain of rice usually cooked together and consumed with some kind of meat, fish or vegetables.
The best quality shrimps used for this preparation are a fair source of low fat protein and compliments the combination of ingredients required for the recipe. It is a very fancy meal and relatively easy to make which can be served as the main course during your dinner party. Going along with your health, here is what you need to know to make this delicacy :
Ingredients Required :
(For 6 Servings) (Preparation Time : 45 minutes)
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh basil, minced/ 2 tsp dried basil
- 1- ½ tbsp chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, minced/ 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup pitted Greek olives
- Firstly, cook the orzo in salted water according to the package instructions without any added fat, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Add a little basil and 1 tbsp of oil into the rice and toss it to coat well, set it aside.
- Heat butter and the remaining oil in a large saucepan and sauté the shallots until they are tender.
- Next add the garlic, diced tomatoes and sprinkle some oregano, stir the mixture well for about 2-3 minutes.
- As the mixture turns thicker, add the sun dried tomatoes and the shrimps and cook until the shrimp starts changing colour for some 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When it is cooked through, spoon the orzo mixture into the pan and mix really well to combine both the elements.
- Finally sprinkle with some leftover basil and crumbled feta cheese, lower the heat and cook for some more time.
- Finally serve it in bowl.
This is a type of preparation that is a year-round winner to enjoy with family and friends, you can even save some for later and get it reheated. The protein- rich shrimps from the Best Processors of Shrimp makes this an excellent one-dish meal which you can even serve with some salad. Hurry up and try this out or you would be missing out on an experience!