A Malaysian inspired variation of fried rice, this preparation is bound to take you on rollercoaster ride of variant flavours. Brought about from the oriental cuisine, this pineapple shrimp fried rice is a delicious flavour combination of sweet, savoury and spicy touches. You might want to call over your friends and surprise them with this offbeat recipe of fried rice. Shrimps used in this preparation must be of the best quality, more importantly it should be fresh which you can get from the Best Exporters and Processors of Seafood because the taste of the rice is predominated by the shrimps.
This delectable pineapple shrimp fried rice can be easily made within half an hour and you don’t even need to get the takeout for your weeknight dinner or when you have friends over to your place. It is just as simple as the usual fried rice that we make at home, just with a twist of a few ingredients and flavours. Here is how you can go on with this recipe :
Ingredients Required :
(For 4 Servings) (Preparation Time: 30 mins)
- 3 cups of rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1- ½ cups of fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp curry powder (optional)
- Take a small bowl and in it, add soya sauce, curry powder, sugar and pineapple juice.
- Then take a large skillet and heat some oil in it, add the shrimps and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side until the shrimps turn pink.
- As soon as the shrimps are cooked, remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heating the remaining oil over medium high heat, add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1minute, until fragrant.
- Immediately, add in the onions, carrots and bell peppers and stir fry it for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple chunks and bring back the shrimps to the pan as well, putting it to medium heat.
- When all is cooked, add the rice and toss it so that all the ingredients get mixed with rice properly.
- Add the soya sauce mixture over from top and give it a nice mix, carefully.
- Finally sprinkle some chopped green onions over the rice and serve with lemon wedges, if you want to.
The Top Shrimp Exporters in the town bring for you the most simple yet creative preparations from around the world which are easy to make, have a simple touch to it and are efficiently light and healthy. This Pineapple Shrimp Fried rice is an Asian favourite and has got to make you fall in love with it’s taste. You can even serve the rice in a hollowed out pineapple to make it look more presentable and picturesque.