When you are spending an entire day at home, you might often want to have some light meal or some delicious snacks at half day just to satisfy your taste buds. This desire might take you to the kitchen and make you cook up something very interesting.
To suppress this desire of yours, we have brought an easy and quick recipe which you can prepare at home and give yourself some appreciation for being a great chef!
You must be familiar with crab cakes which never goes out of style, however the shrimp cakes are a variation of the same, best way to showcase the freshest quality of shrimps. Some of the top exporters of shrimps have this type available with them. You can serve the shrimp cakes as an appetizer or even use inside sandwiches.
Now, you would always want something creamy or saucy to go with any fried preparation. Here, comes the role of Sriracha Mayonnaise blend which might be the best option to go with these delicious shrimp cakes. Sriracha is basically a type of hot sauce or chilli sauce made from a paste of chilli peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.
Ingredients Required :
(Serves for 6) (Preparation time : 35-40 mins)
- 1 pound medium to large sized shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely diced bell pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp lemon zest/ 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 egg, well beaten
- ½ tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
For Sriracha Mayonnaise :
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- Wash the shrimps thoroughly and place them in the food processor or blender and pulse until it is coarsely chopped, do not make a fine paste.
- Transfer the chopped shrimps into a large bowl and then add the bread crumbs, chopped onions, bell peppers, garlic powder, chives, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Now, stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice and eggs to incorporate the binding of the mixture.
- Shape the shrimp mixture into patties sized ½ inch- ¾ inch thick, place them on a tray and keep in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ½ cup mayonnaise with some sriracha sauce and blend well, keep in the refrigerator until serving time.
- After chilling is done, take out the shrimps and dust them lightly with a little flour and handle very gently.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Place the patties in batches on the pan and cook them on each side for 4-5 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Take the cakes out of the pan and serve immediately garnished with some chives on top with the accompaniment of sriracha mayonnaise.
There you have an amazing, delectable and easy dish which is a treat for all the seafood lovers out there. It is so easy to cook you won’t even regret spending this little time in your kitchen. Get a taste of the sea with this classic preparation brought to you by the Top Seafood providers in town.