A perfect winter night meal, to get you rid of the chilling cold weather and give you a tropical vibe is what the Best Shrimp Processors in Kolkata have brought for you. The Sambal Shrimp dish basically originates from Malaysia and relies heavily on it’s own staple ingredients, Sambal Sauce. The very basic sauce, Sambal Oelek, is a paste made with fiery red chillies and salt and vinegar. Some additions may include fish sauce, lemongrass, shrimp paste, tamarind concentrate depending on what are they being used for.
This wrap lets you assemble your own meal and gives you a fiery, strong flavour to excite your taste buds. You can either choose to grill the shrimps or cook them in a skillet.
Ingredients Required :
(For 4 Servings)
- ½ cup hot chilli paste or Sambal Oelek
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pound shrimp, deveined and shelled
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 heads of Bibb lettuce, leaves separated, covered and chilled
- 2 Cucumbers
- ½ cup mint sprigs
- ½ cup crushed, salted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Combine together chilli paste, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic and ginger in a bowl and whisk it.
- Add a little salt and add the shrimps in the marinade to coat evenly.
- Set it aside for sometime at room temperature.
- Take a pan and heat some oil, remove the shrimps from the marinade and place in the pan.
- Save the marinade.
- Cook the shrimps on each side for about 3-4 minutes until they change colour.
- Arrange the sliced cucumbers, cooked shrimps, the marinade, lettuce and the mint sprigs on a platter, serve peanuts in a bowl.
You now have all the necessary items on your platter which are easily accessible and can be composed into a wrap of your own choice. This particular dish is so flavourful that it brings out the flavour of the shrimps and for this you must ensure that you get the best quality seafood from the Top Processors and Exporters of Shrimp.