Being at home for this long has made us spend time looking for the greatest recipes to treat ourselves with. However, we want something easy to make so that we do not have to spend the entire time in the kitchen. There is a saying that you can make a burger out of anything. But the challenge lies in choosing and preparing the body, that is the central element, of the burger which delivers superior flavour as well as texture.
This grilled shrimp burger recipe is the most perfect choice for the season. Being a lip-smacking delicacy, this sandwich is the perfect remedy for burger fatigue as well as a godsend for meat-missing pescatarian. You must not compromise on the quality when it comes to this preparation. So, get hold of the freshest and best shrimps from the top shrimp Exporters.
Ingredients Required :
For 4 Servings
Prep Time: 45 mins
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1-inch piece ginger, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup roughly chopped shallots
- 1 ½ pound shrimps, shelled and deveined
- ½ -1 tsp chilli paste
- 2 tbsp dried chives
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise, mustard sauce, ketchup
- Start a charcoal or gas grill keeping the heat at a moderately high temperature.
- Combine the shrimps with the ginger, garlic, shallots, dried herbs and the chilli paste along with some salt and pepper in the grinder to make a coarse paste out of it. You must keep in mind that it should not be made into a very fine paste.
- You can add some more seasoning if required.
- Take the mixture and shape it into patties according to the size of the bun and keep it in the refrigerator to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together some mayonnaise, mustard and a little ketchup, add some dried herbs and make a smooth mixture, keep it aside.
- Take out the patties from the refrigerator and brush them lightly with oil and place on the grill.
- Cook on each side for about 5 minutes until a dark crust appears on the bottom and they can be easily lifted with a spatula.
- Spread the sauce mixture over one side of the bun as it provides moisture and makes the food easier to swallow.
- Place the patty on the bun, you can add some cheese slice and lettuce if you want and cover it with the other half-bun.
Your delicious yet simple grilled shrimp burger is now ready to jump inside your mouth. So, if you miss going out for some burger hunting, you should not miss out to try this recipe at home.