Sometimes, we all look for some refreshing yet delectable dishes which can be easily prepared at home to enjoy with our family and friends. So here we welcome the grilling season with some mouthwatering tangy and flavourful citrus marinated grilled shrimps.
The Citrus Marinated Grilled Shrimp is an easy and quick recipe which serves as an appetizer or a light weeknight meal. Large or medium sized shrimps are usually tossed in a fresh citrusy marinade made of fresh ingredients and is then put for grilling.
Although cooking seafood consumes very less time and while grilling, it becomes a lot more easy so can you can relax and enjoy time with your family or friends.
Ingredients Required :
(For 4 Servings)
- 2 pounds of medium to large sized shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp of orange zest
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt as required
- For making the marinade, first we take a large bowl and combine the olive oil, zest and juice from the lemons and oranges, minced garlic and ginger, finely chopped cilantro and parsley, salt and pepper and whisk it well.
- Toss the shrimps in the marinade until the get coated evenly and set to refrigerate for a period of 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the griller to a moderately high temperature and brush the grates with little oil.
- Remove the shrimps from the marinade and season with salt and pepper according to requirement.
- Put the shrimps onto the griller and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until it starts turning white.
- Remove from the grill, drizzle a little marinade over the cooked shrimps and serve immediately with some salad or grilled veggies.
There you go with a flavoursome preparation which you can easily make when having to spend some quality time with your family or friends. You can also have a feel like being at the sea beach while sitting at home and having some grilled shrimp provided by the best Seafood Exporters.