If you are a seafood lover, you will be much aware that shrimps are great appetizers and offer you a healthy meal. Shrimp Maque Choux is a dish from Louisiana and can be serving as a side dish or sometimes can also act as the base for the main meal. Sweet corn, spicy peppers, and the juicy shrimp chosen from the Best Shrimp and Prawn provider are the main attraction of this Maque Choux or Cajun succotash. The milk dragged from the corn cobs after the kernels are cut off gives the broth an irresistible creaminess. Experiment with different types of peppers for a uniquely delicious result every time.
If you want to add the special dish into your menu and surprise everyone, then Shrimp Maque Choux is the best dish, so here is a quick ingredient.
Ingredients Required, Cooking the Dish:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bunch scallions (about 7) thinly sliced into rounds, white and light- green parts separated from dark-green tops
- 1 small red onion, chopped 1 cup
- 1 pound mild to moderate spicy peppers, such as a bell, Anaheim, Cherry, pardon and sweet habanero, stem ribs and seed removed, chopped(21/2 cups)
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (1 cup)
- 5 thyme sprigs ( curry leaves)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ears corn, kernels, and corn milk stripped (about 3 cups total)
- 1/3 cup dried vermouth
- 1 cup fish or seafood stock, or clam juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound medium shrimp from the Best shrimp providers, peeled and deveined
Process of making this delicious dish:
Step 1: Melt butter in a large straight-sided full shallow pot over medium-high–heat
Step 2: Add scallion white and light –green parts, onion, peppers, celery, and thyme; season with salt and pepper
Step 3: Cook stirring a few times, until vegetables are crisp-tender and golden in color for 6-8 minutes
Step 4: Stir in corn kernels and milk, then vermouth; boil until the liquid has mostly evaporated for about 1 minute
Step 5: Stir in stock, cream, and the juicy Shrimp.
Step 6: Bring to a simmer (but do not let it to boil), reducing heat as necessary and cook until shrimp are opaque and just cooked through for 2-3 minutes.
Step 7: Remove from Heat
Step 8: Discard thyme sprigs (curry leaves); stir in dark-green scallion tops and serve.
Your dish is ready! It is easy to cook, but their tastes are also delicious. Do not forget to try it out for today’s dinner or upcoming occasion and just be ready to be honored as the best chef and enjoy the dish with your family and friends. Kids will also love to eat this item happily.
However, do not forget to buy all the necessary ingredients from the best shrimp and prawn providers. It will just add to the taste but will also take care of your health!