Fast and furious, which defines this wholesome and palatable meal of shrimp or prawn salad, packed up with essential nutrients. Very easy to cook and takes around half an hour of overall cooking time. There are days when you don’t feel like cooking and are also avoiding unhealthy packaged food. Then this recipe comprising of seafood from the sub-region of Northern Europe is here to save you. Seafood is particularly prevalent in this region. To talk about the taste of this particular recipe, you might keep repeating it. Tenderness of shrimps or prawns, the goodness of eggs blended with veggies that melt in your mouth, got to be on your favorite list. The otherworldly edge of spices and herbs will generate a burst of sweet, salty, and tanginess that will stay with you.
Ingredients to prepare the Scandinavian shrimp salad:
- Jumbo shrimps or prawns – 1 pound, peeled and deveined
- Baby potatoes – 12 ounces, sliced into 2 or 4 pieces, as required according to the size
- Butter lettuce – around 8 ounces, leaves separated
- Eggs – 4, hard-boiled, halved
- Kosher salt – according to taste
- Sugar – a pinch
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- Cornichons – 1/4 cup, sliced lengthwise
- Pickling liquid – 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 1/3 cup
- Fennel – 1 small bulb, thinly sliced
- Fronds – 1/4 cup, chopped
Pull up your sleeves and get ready to prepare this fantastic dish of shrimps (or prawns).
- For the first step, you need to boil the potatoes. Take a saucepan half-filled with water and place it on the oven to bring it to boil. Now, add the potatoes, along with 2-tablespoon salt. Cook them until they are soft and to ensure this pierce it with a fork and you will know it.
- While the potatoes are cooking, take a bowl and add the pickling liquid, mustard, and sugar. Drizzle it with oil and mix well. Season this mixture with salt and pepper, and do not forget to add the fennel fronds.
- Take the cooked potatoes in a bowl and toss them with 2 tablespoons of the prepared dressing.
- Boil eggs and put them aside, peeled and halved
- Now, again bring the water to a boil and add the shrimps. After a few minutes around, remove it from the heat and let it stand. Stir it occasionally until the shrimps have changed their color into bright pink and turned opaque. This will take 2 to 3 minutes approx. Then, run the shrimps into ice-cold water and drain them out.
- Toss lettuce and the sliced fennel with 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
- Take a serving plate, arrange the tossed lettuce and fennels and top them with potatoes, eggs, cornichons, and shrimps. Spread the remaining dressing and munch it on.
You will find a healthy supply of shrimps and prawns almost everywhere, so get hold of your own supply from the best shrimp providers or best prawn providers. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s cook it today!