If you are searching for a hassle-free dish to cook after a tiring day that is light yet rich in flavor, Mongolian Shrimp & Broccoli is the perfect item. It is effortless to prepare with things that are commonly available in the kitchen and can be cooked quickly. You can get shrimp from the best shrimp providers in your region.
If you are new to cooking and want to explore the magic of seafood, you should definitely try this out. Not only is it effortless to make, but it has a unique rich taste. Kids and adults alike will surely love it.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s have a sneak-peek to this mouth-watering recipe that will add flavor to your life in this lockdown.
Ingredients Easily Found In Your Kitchen
The ingredients of this recipe are not very hard to find because most of you have almost all the ingredients all the time at your place. If you don’t believe it, you can look at the ingredient list once, and you will know that.
So, here are the ingredients for you:
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- basmati rice
Know the simple Procedure of the Recipe
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, chicken broth, and red pepper, then set aside and mix thoroughly.
- Cook the shrimp with salt and pepper until soft and mix with cornstarch until well coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in medium-high heat and cook the shrimp until a golden brown color appears, and it is slightly crispy. Usually, turn about each side per 6 minutes. Then set it aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, broccoli, and red pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked shrimp and sauce and simmer for 5 minutes until the curry has thickened. Stir often.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds and rice.
Shrimps purchased from the best shrimp providers can enhance the taste of the dish and maintain both health and taste at the same time. After all, you can’t compromise with your health for the sake of the taste.