Shrimp and spaghetti are often considered as ideal pairs. When you are craving something healthy but tasty at the same time, salad does not sound good at all. It is time to add the sweet taste of corn to the magical partnership of shrimp and spaghetti.
Seafood is often said to be a wholesome source of minerals and proteins, and at the same time, it has a less fat content. It also helps to lower the cholesterol content in our body. This is the reason prawns and shrimps are good for our health. Therefore, it is merely the best choice for a wholesome meal if you are on a diet. The best part of this recipe is the least use of oil and the combination of vegetables and shrimps.
Make an Ideal Summer Recipe This Weekend
This recipe is ideal for summer weekends. In summer, to regulate body heat, it is necessary to eat light, less oily, and less spicy. This dish is tasty without any extra usage of spices. Therefore it is a perfect lunch or dinner menu for summer days. You can also choose it as a dish for house-parties, picnics or potlucks.
The taste of this recipe is fantastic. You can enhance the flavor by the additional use of seasoning. The dish tastes best if you use fresh shrimps, and you need to peel and devein them well before using it in the recipe. If you want to get fresh and tasty shrimps, you can get them from the best shrimp and prawn providers.
Here are the ingredients and guidelines about how to cook this tasty dish. It is effortless to prepare, but it can mesmerize your family with its mouth-watering taste.
Ingredients for Shrimp Boil Spaghetti:
- 2 tablespoons of Old Bay
- 1 lb. Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- ¾ lb. Andouille sausage. The sausage needs to be sliced into coins.
- 2 c. fresh corn
- ¾ lb. Medium-sized fresh shrimps. The shrimps must be peeled and deveined.
- Thinly sliced green onions
Recipe to make a tasty, mouth-watering Shrimp Boil Spaghetti:
- In a large pot of boiling, water salt is added as per the taste. Then add two tablespoons of Old Bay. Add the spaghetti and cook until it is soft and is no more rubbery in texture. Set aside a mug of pasta water and then drain the rest of it.
- In a large pan over medium heat pour the oil. Once the oil is heated, add chopped onions, cook it until its tender, and add Andouille sausage. Cook it for five minutes until it turns brown. Add corn and shrimps. Pour the reserved pasta water and bring the flame down to simmer. Add the additional salt if required.
- Once the shrimps and corn are cooked, add boiled spaghetti and green onions. Toss them to combine well.
- Plate it with green onions, and it is ready to be served.
Want to have the best taste? Well, get the shrimps from the best shrimp and prawn providers in the market.