Every weekend night, there is the hustle about the meal – you may want to taste something tasty, but it’s essential to make it healthy as well. If you want a delicious dish that will be healthy and tasty as well, Thai Pumpkin Shrimp Curry is the best option. Any cuisine that has shrimp or prawn in it undoubtedly tastes better. The sweet, salty, and sour taste makes it taste even better. Pumpkin is good for health as well. This seafood recipe can make you delighted with a healthy and tasty treat.
For this dish collecting fresh ingredients is very crucial. You can procure fresh shrimps or prawns from the best shrimp and prawn providers.
Here is a quick guide about how to make delicious Thai Pumpkin Shrimp curry to make your weekend meal special –
Ingredients for Thai Pumpkin Shrimp Curry:
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Sea Salt
- Quarter pound fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Two babies Bok Choy quartered lengthwise
- One Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Two tables spoon of minced garlic
- One minced garlic clove
- One tablespoon of Thai yellow, Penang, or Red curry paste
- Half teaspoon turmeric
- 15 ounce of unsweetened pumpkin puree (One Can)
- 15 ounce of coconut milk (One Can)
- Half pound Chinese long beans or French green beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- Two tablespoons chopped Thai Basil, mint or cilantro leaves
- Two tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- Quarter cup chopped peanuts
How to prepare mouth-watering Thai Pumpkin Shrimp Curry:
- In a large frying pan heat one tablespoon of coconut oil over a high flame. Rinse the shrimp and dry them. Add salt and Stir fry the shrimp for two minutes. When the shrimp becomes pink and curls, remove them from the frying pan and set aside.
- Add the Bok Choy to the pot and cook until it turns slightly brown, and greens are wilted. After 5 minutes, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining one tablespoon oil on the frying pan. Sauté minced ginger, garlic, red curry paste, and add the red bell pepper to it. Then add turmeric and one tablespoon of season salt. Once it turns fragrant after two minutes, add stir in the pumpkin. Coconut milk and green beans. Bring the flame to a gentle simmer and cook it until the beans are soft and the sauce is thick. It may take 5-7 minutes.
- Remove it from flame. Add herbs, lime juice, Bok Choy, and Shrimp. Mix them and then plate it. For garnish add peanuts, herbs, lime wedges. It tastes best once served with brown rice.
The taste of the dish enhances when you buy shrimps from the best shrimps and prawn providers.