If you are a seafood lover and looking for some fancy shrimp appetizer for your party, then this is the best recipe that you should definitely try! The Asian flavor of Vietnamese Lemongrass Shrimp will have your appetizer ready in no time. This lemongrass shrimp is an aromatic, not to mention a mouth-watering recipe. You get the best taste when served with steamed rice. The best part is that it is super easy to cook and hardly takes 10 to 15 minutes.
The ingredients to make this recipe:
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 3 to 4 cloves Garlic duly chopped
- 5 tbsp lemongrass, grated/ chopped
- 1 small shallot duly chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- Thai chilli (Depending on how spicy you like to make the dish)
- ¼ to ½ tsp. black pepper
- 500 gms deveined Shrimp (try to get it from Best Shrimp Providers to get the best taste)
- 1/3 cup water (if needed)
How to make Vietnamese Lemongrass Shrimp:
- To make Vietnamese Lemongrass Shrimp, first, clean the prawns/shrimps and devein them. You have to wash it thoroughly again.
- Chop onion, garlic, lemongrass, and shallot and keep those aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter, chopped garlic, lemongrass, shallot & Oregano Spread and sauté for 5-6 minutes till it softens. Stir it continuously. Add in chopped onions with a pinch of salt and sauté till they turn golden brown and are caramelized. If you like more vegetables, you can also add chopped red capsicum, chopped coriander leaves.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and mix fish sauce, honey, Thai chilli, and black pepper to make the sauce. If you don’t want it too spicy, then you can get rid of Thai chilli, or you can add one or two as per your taste.
- Now pour the de-veined Shrimp into the skillet, mix it well so that it gets evenly coated with butter and other ingredients.
- Cook it for 2 minutes till the Shrimp gets half cooked.
- Now add the sauce which you made and stir it well.
- Cook for 2 minutes more till the shrimps are fully cooked. The cooking time may differ depending on the size of the Shrimp.
- Remove from heat and serve it with Garlic rice or Garlic Noodles.
Now, this dish is ready, before you serve it add few coriander leaves/ red capsicum for adding a dash of color. Be the center of attraction at the party with your culinary skill, and get ready to receive applauds and praises from your peers and loved ones. Of course, don’t forget to buy the shrimps from the best prawn and shrimp providers in the market.