It is entirely understood and realized by people at large that food is love. Since old times it’s been heard – the way to one’s heart is through his stomach. The relishing and satisfying taste buds undoubtedly open up the heart of a foodie for the cook. The world is full of such lovers of food who make sure to try out every recipe possible and enjoy every meal.
Seafood items are a particular favourite of the children. They reach an ecstatic level post having such meals which consist of shrimps or prawns. They are hugely loved delicacies for many on any occasion.
Cooking shrimp is even more comfortable than other fishes. It is believed to require less amount of oil for frying. A popular dish of this item is a creamy Tuscan Butter Shrimp. A few simple steps and the recipe will get ready to be served.
So let’s serve the ingredients first for 500 grams of shrimp:
- Freshly cleaned deveined, peeled off shrimps.
- Olive oil or white oil 2 tablespoons.
- Butter 2 tablespoon.
- Salt and pepper according to taste.
- Sugar, if required.
- 4 Clove garlic minced and smashed.
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes.
- 3 cups fresh spinach or basil leaves.
- ¾ cups of fresh cream.
- ¼ cup of grated cheese as a topping.
Now let’s prepare the recipe:
- Take a skillet or frying pan and heat it over medium flame. Pour 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Since the dish has butter as one of the main ingredients, the product must be added to give the delicacy a lip-licking flavor.
- After the oil is heated but not boiling, pour the shrimps. These cleaned prawns must be seasoned with salt, a little vinegar, and pepper before the cooking starts. Keep the marinated shrimps aside for half an hour and then pour over the oil to fry. Fry both sides of the shrimp until light brown. Then keep aside the shrimps in a plate.
- Add a little butter over the before used oil if required, the vegetables and other ingredients can be cooked in the same oil. Next, when flames are seen, pour the minced garlic. Stir for a few seconds, and then add the finely chopped spinach and tomatoes.
- Continue stirring until cooked well. While frying, one can add sugar if wants a sweet taste or slight salt and pepper to balance the overall taste. Here one must not forget that the fried shrimps were already seasoned with salt and pepper. So, according to taste, add the remaining. After the sauté is done and the ingredients release a fragrance, add the cream stir for 1 minute. Then finally put the fried shrimps in the creamy sauce. Now cook all the ingredients at a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Overcooked shrimps taste hard. So keep the flame low and keep a constant watch over the dish.
When you are buying shrimps, make sure that you buy the best shrimp from the best shrimp and prawn providers. Now the recipe is complete. Pour it in a bowl and garnish with grated cheese and chopped basil leaves. The yummy butter shrimp is ready to be served for lunch or dinner.