Isn’t it boring to order the same dish again and again from the restaurant? Let’s try something new. It is said that Filipino cuisine is rich in flavour. It’s time to rock the party or potluck with this Filipino seafood recipe. This is a staple dish made in the Philippines on parties or often used as a substitute for rice. You can also surprise your family with this recipe for dinner. The Pancit or rice noodles mixed with soy sauce tastes much different from the usual regular noodles, and the added flavour of prawn makes it tastier. It is often served with a lemon jest to earn a sour taste that combines well with the salt and spicy noodles.
The key to making this dish delicious is to use fresh ingredients. Since shrimp is the prominent flavour in this dish, it’s essential to use new and good quality shrimp. You can order fresh shrimp from the best shrimp providers of the city.
Here is the recipe of Pancit Bihon, so that you can cook restaurant like Filipino dish and enjoy it with your family at home –
Ingredients to make delicious Filipino Pancit Bihon:
- 8-12 pieces fresh shrimp, shelled and head removes
- Half small cabbage
- One pound Pancit Bihon or dried rice noodles
- One Knorr shrimp broth cube
- Three fourth cup of julienne carrots
- Three fourth cup of celery chopped
- One cup of snow peas
- Half cup chopped parsley
- One medium yellow onion sliced
- Four garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- 6 cup of water
- Half cup soy sauce
- Pork piece
- Chicken fried with salt
- Quarter tablespoon ground black pepper
- Three tablespoons cooking oil
How to make a party-ready tasty Filipino Pancit Bihon:
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Once the oil gets hot, pan-fry the shrimp. Add salt to it and then cook it for around two minutes until it turns pink. Then set it aside.
- If you want to add chicken or pork to it (additional), then fry them and put aside.
- Use a bit more oil to sauté garlic, onion, celery.
- Add parsley, ground black pepper, and stir.
- After that, pour in soya sauce and the required amount of water. And let the whole thing boil.
- Add the shrimp cube and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrot, cabbage, and snow peas.
- Add the Pancit Bihon and gently stir and toss it until it absorbs the water in the pan. You can add more water if the Pancit is not cooked well.
- Put the pan-fried shrimps back into the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes. If you want to add chicken and pork, add them as well.
Transfer the whole thing to a serving plate. Now, the wholesome dish of Filipino Pancit Bihon is ready to enjoy. Remember to buy shrimps from the best shrimp providers to enjoy the best taste and to stay safe.