Sweet and Spicy Moroccan Shrimp is a quick recipe for an easy meal. If you are looking for something to cook a fast yet yummy seafood dish, then this is the best dish you can try. It is both delicious and healthy.
Sweet and Spicy Moroccan Shrimp is a heavily seasoned dish with garlic, cumin, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, and plenty of fresh cilantro and parsley. You can serve it with fresh vegetables and seasoned rice.
The ingredients required to make Sweet and Spicy Moroccan Shrimp are:
- 1 ½ pound jumbo shrimp (peeled)
- 4 ripe tomatoes (but they shouldn’t be fully ripe), it should also be halved, seeded and at the same time grated
- 5 to 6 cloves duly minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaf and fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Grounded Coriander
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Grounded Ginger
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp fresh grounded Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Grounded Cardamom
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Grounded Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Grounded cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 to 3 slices of lemon, halved
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
So, let’s start cooking now
- Take a nonstick pan; put some olive oil in it.
- One the oil is heated add tomatoes, garlic, and cook it over medium heat for about 12 minutes till the tomatoes become pulpy
- Reduce heat. Put some finely chopped parsley, finely chopped cilantro, paprika, cayenne and cumin
- Add the bay leaf and add some salt and pepper as per taste.
- Mix seasonings and flour together in a small bowl.
- Toss the mixture with the shrimp until evenly coated.
- Put the shrimps in the pan and fry until thoroughly cooked. Turn the shrimps occasionally (shrimp should be completely pink).
- Place the lemon slices around the edges of the pan, sprinkle 2 tablespoons water in the side, cover the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and some salad.
Enjoy the dish with your loved ones, stay healthy, stay happy, and stay fit!
Once you cook all the spices mentioned above in olive oil for a minute or two, it brings out the perfect aroma of a Moroccan dish. You can flash cook the shrimp in spicy oil. This recipe serves as the main course for 2 to 3 people or as a starter for 4 to 5 persons. However, remember one thing, before going ahead with the ingredients and direction, please ensure to get juicy shrimp from the best shrimp and prawn providers.