Bibimbap is a super famous Korean dish, generally served as a bowl of warm white rice. The dish is topped with sautéed and seasoned vegetables or traditional fermented vegetables which makes it tastier is the presence of chili pepper paste, soy sauce, or you can also use the fermented soybean paste. A fried egg and sliced meat are frequent additions. But you can make endless variations to the dish depending on your taste bud and preference.
If you’re planning to taste the authentic Bibimbap then you should know that it is made with raw egg yolk mixed with other vegetables. Still, my preference always lies with cooked ingredients. Now we will learn how to make delicious Bibimbap with seafood, and this dish is named Crispy Shrimp Bibimbap. It is super easy to make, and the taste can definitely make you feel good.
Before going ahead with the ingredients and direction, please ensure to get juicy shrimp from the best shrimp providers, fresh and crunchy vegetables, and seasoned rice to get the best taste!
Know your ingredients first
The ingredients required to make Crispy shrimp Bibimbap are:
- 500 g Shrimp from the best shrimp providers with shells removed except tails and deveined
- 2 tbsp of Korean hot red chili paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic duly minced
- 1’2 cup edible mushroom
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup and 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups oil for frying and 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cups of fresh spinach with 2 cloves of garlic minced together
- ½ cup carrots cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup kimchi or cabbage if unable to find kimchi
- ½ cup fresh bean sprouts
- 3-4 bowls of cooked rice
- 3-4 sunny side up fried egg
- Sriracha for serving
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
So, let’s start cooking now
- Mix honey, garlic, and vinegar very well in a large bowl and set aside
- In a non-stick pan, put some garlic and sauté it in canola oil. Add some fresh spinach and sauté till it droops. Sprinkle some salt and pepper as per the taste. Put it in a bowl and set aside.
- Put some oil in the pan and heat it for frying
- In a large bowl, mix flour, water, and cornstarch to form the batter. Dip each shrimp into the batter and deep fry until golden and crispy.
- Now toss it well in the red chili paste
- To serve, assemble all in a bowl. Put rice in a bowl; top it with one fried egg, few edible mushrooms, sautéed spinach, carrots, kimchi or cabbage, bean sprouts, and about 3-4 pieces of crispy shrimps. Don’t overcook the shrimp to keep it juicy.
- Finally, sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve with hot chili sauce.