If you are a fan of seafood, then you may know that shrimps are a great appetizer, and can offer you a healthy meal as well. This Southeast Asian noodle soup with prawn or shrimp is easy to make and also takes simple ingredients that are widely available at the local groceries. The rich taste of coconut milk and shrimps blends well with the rice noodles. You will love to enjoy this delicacy that overwhelms your taste buds with flavors. But it is essential to collect fresh ingredients for your dish. The best shrimp and prawn providers in India will help you get the fresh prawns and shrimps to your kitchen so that you can make this mouth-watering seafood dish with fresh ingredients.
If you want to surprise everyone with this shrimp recipe here is a quick guideline of how to make Laksa shrimp with rice noodles.
Here are your ingredients
First, you have to make half-cup Laksa curry powder, so know the ingredients required to make this. Here are the ingredients for you:
- One-fourth cup of coconut milk
- Three tablespoons of shrimp paste
- One tablespoon vegetable oil
- Two teaspoons light brown sugar
- One teaspoon ground coriander
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- One teaspoon sea salt
- One teaspoon chopped fresh peeled turmeric root or dried powdered turmeric
- Half teaspoon chili powder or cayenne pepper
- Two cloves of garlic crushed
- Two stalks of lemongrass smashed and roughly chopped
- One-inch fresh ginger, peeled and then sliced
- One yellow onion chopped
- One red Fresno Chile stemmed and sliced crosswise
This curry powder is also available in the market in packaged form. So, if you can’t take the hassle you can definitely go for the packaged powder. Now let’s have a look at the other ingredients required to make this:
- Three cups of low-sodium chicken stock
- Two tablespoons fish sauce
- One teaspoon light soy sauce
- One teaspoon light brown sugar
- Juice of one lime
- A fourteen ounce of coconut milk
- Seven ounces dried flat wide rice noodles
- One pound of medium shrimp, deveined, tails left on them
- Sea salt
- Cayenne pepper or red chili flex
- Fresh cilantro stems, handful quantity
- Fresh Thai basil stems, handful quantity
Process of making this delicious treat:
- Making the Laksa curry paste: Take Shrimp paste, oil, coconut milk, brown sugar, coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric chili powder, garlic, ginger, onions, lemongrass, and all other ingredients into a food blender. Keep blending it until it forms a smooth paste. Transfer it in a container. This paste can be preserved in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Heat a pan/ wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the Laksa curry paste and cook, stirring it for two-three minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, coconut milk, and then stir well. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook for about two minutes.
- Boil the noodles in a large pot of water separately until it gets cooked. The time taken is about three minutes. Then drain out the water and wash the noodles in cold water
- Add a three-fourth cup of bean sprouts to the shrimp mixture.
- Add the seasoning with salt and cayenne pepper as per the taste.
- To serve, put the noodles in a bowl, ladle the shrimp and broth over it.
- Garnish with cilantro, basil, remaining bean sprouts over the top. It tastes best when hot.
Your dish is ready! It’s easy to prepare but tastes heavenly. What about trying it out for today’s dinner and bag the title of a veteran chef! Don’t forget to buy seafood from the best shrimp and prawn providers.