A Spanish wholesome and flavorful meal is the Shrimp Paella. Paella is known for its combo of seafood and rice. The rice is given a whole new edge of crispiness, by tossing it on a pan and tanning it yellow with the exotic saffron. If you are in short of saffron, which is an expensive affair too, then turmeric powder will also do the purpose of yellowing. When you are in a hurry but do not want to compromise on gorging on a tasty meal, this Spanish seafood recipe is simply the savior. Using pre-cooked brown rice will shorten your cooking time. You can also use prawns instead of shrimps; they will have more or less the same effect on your taste buds.
Shrimp Paella recipe to satisfy your cravings
- Preparation time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
- Total time is taken- 25 minutes
- Serves – 4 persons
- canola oil, 2 tablespoons
- turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon (1 or 2 pinches of saffron is recommended)
- red bell pepper, chopped, 1 cup
- green peas, 1 cup
- garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon
- Pre-cooked brown rice, 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg
- chicken stock, unsalted, 3 tablespoons
- kosher salt, 3/4 teaspoon
- black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- shrimps, medium, 12 ounces
- fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
Steps to follow
- Take a frying pan, pour the oil in it, and heat in a medium flame.
- Add turmeric, bell pepper, garlic, and peas to it. Let it cook for 2 mins. Stir frequently.
- Add rice, spreading it evenly all over the pan. Do not stir and wait for around 3 mins to cook.
- Add the chicken stock, pepper, and salt to the rice. Stir and spread the mixture evenly over the pan. Let it cook for 7 mins in medium flame without stirring again.
- Put the shrimps or prawns over the rice layer and cover the pan with a lid. Let the shrimps cook for 3 to 4 mins until they are soft and tender.
- As the last step, dribble the lemon juice onto the rice and shrimp or prawn mixture, and you are done with your cooking. Serve hot.
Seafood like shrimps and prawns are rich in animal protein, essential vitamins, and minerals but low in fat and cholesterol. So, it is absolutely ok if you are planning to try out this recipe for most of your fast-paced days. A healthy meal that requires minimum effort and saves on your time – Shrimp Paella is just perfect and hope you have procured the shrimps from the best shrimp and prawn providers.