Shrimp is one of the most preferable seafood that’s enough hunger provoking for foodies. There is a worldwide demand for shrimp as well as prawn as they are protein-rich seafood items. When red pepper along with classic tomato sauce is added to shrimp, it really sounds awesome and the mouth automatically gets filled with water.
If you want to taste it you have to try the Shrimp Fra Diavolo recipe. Actually, “Fra Diavolo” is an Italian phrase meaning “brother devil”. Due to its heavy use of seafood sources of protein, it is frequently attributed to Mediterranean origins. Actually, it is a product of Italian immigrant tradition in the United States. However, its recipe has made it a unique finger-licking dish across the world.
Prepare Shrimp Fra Diavolo at Home
There is a worldwide demand for prawns & shrimps. Both
these seafood are available in all kinds of dishes, be it continental or Italian. For their delicious taste, they are consumed worldwide. To satisfy the foodie inside you, do prepare this exquisite dish at home.
Know your ingredients:
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, both peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cups canned crush tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1(14.5 -ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup dry wine
Time to prepare the delicious Shrimp Fra Diavolo
- At first, get a medium-size bowl and toss the shrimp by adding 1 teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes to it.
- Pour 3 tablespoons oil in a heavy large skillet and get it heated over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp to sauté it for about a minute. Carry on cooking and tossing until just cooked through, about 1to 2 minutes.,/p>
- Pour the shrimp into a large plate; set aside.
- Pour the onion in that similar skillet. Now, add 1to2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes until it gets translucent.
- To prepare the sauce, mix up the tomato juices, wine, garlic, and oregano.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce gets thickened.
- Combine the shrimp with sauce and toss to coat. Continue cooking for about a minute, so the delicious flavors meld together.
- Stir in the parsley and basil.
- Add salt as per your taste.
Now, finger-licking Shrimp Fra Diavolo is ready to serve. Don’t forget to get the shrimp from the best shrimp provider so that you remain healthy and enjoy the taste of a yummy delicacy at the same time.