The recipe is a very popular one in the United States and has always been a go-to-go dish for people who do not have much time to prepare dinner. The recipe for Linguine with Shrimp Scampi is an easy one that does not require much time and effort. Easy cooking and great eating.
Ingredients for cooking Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
- 2 pounds large shrimp (about 32 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Directions to cook Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
- Take a large pot, pour water and bring it to boil adding saltwater and oil. Take 1 tablespoon of linguine and cook the mixture for about 7-10 minutes.
- Until they are cooking, take a large pan with a heavy bottom, melt the butter along with olive oil and cook it over medium heat.
- The next step is to add garlic and make sure you don’t burn it.
- Now, add the shrimps with half a tablespoon of salt, pepper and saute it for about 5 minutes.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat, add lemon zest and juice, slices and fresh red pepper. Toss the entire combination and give it a good stir.
- After the pasta is cooked, drain the excess water and bring it back to the pot. Add the shrimps and the sauce, saute well and serve hot and fresh!
We bet you cannot skip this recipe because it’s easy and healthy!
The hero of the dish is shrimp, and if you are a foodie, make sure you procure shrimps from the Best Shrimp and Prawn providers available. This will not only give your dish a good taste but also make sure you consume the best from the best!