Let us introduce you to a classic recipe of your favourite item shrimp. It takes only 15 mins to get into your plate. It is a dish that is perfectly paired with crusty bread that soaks up all the delicious butter gravy for an effortless weeknight feast. The name shrimp scampi might be highly fancy, but it’s an easy dinner to brighten up your weeknight. The sauce that is followed with the sauce has garlic touch in it along with lots of butter. Let us check the ingredients that are needed to make a Classic Shrimp Scampi.
Ingredients for cooking Classic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 5 lbs large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chardonnay, dry white wine pinot grigio, or sauvignon blanc (chicken broth/stock can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
How to Make a Classic Shrimp Scampi Recipe?
Before cooking, make sure all the necessary ingredients are ready. It helps to move the recipe quickly. When you are done, you can easily season it with pepper and salt along with minced garlic, lemon zest, and some freshly chopped parsley.
- Take a non-stick skillet and pour some olive oil.
- The next step is to add minced garlic and pepper to cook over medium heat. Make sure you do not brown it much.
- Take the shrimps and place it over the oil in a single layer and leave it on the skillet for three to four minutes.
- Flip the deveined shrimps and follow the same previous step.
- Now, it’s time to remove the shrimp and mix white wine, lemon juice, and zest in the skillet.
- Add some shrimps back and mix it with parsley and give it a god stir.
If you want to make the shrimp scampi sauce thicker, you must simmer the stove when you are adding lemon juice and wine so that the liquidness decreases. The procedure will cause the water to evaporate and will give you a thick sauce, adding a great flavour to your dish. Moreover, buying quality shrimps also matters when it comes to scampi dishes. Get hold fo the frozen shrimps coming from the reputed Processor and exporter of shrimps. Your dish is ready to be served! Enjoy your scampi meal today.