For individuals who are looking for a lip-smacking low carb meal, shrimp Florentine with zoodles can be the perfect dish. Besides the recipe is low in calories, it tastes sumptuous as well. Let’s see how both being low in calorie content is good for your body.
Below given is a quick, simple yet delicious recipe that you can cook at home. Give it a look.
Ingredients to Cook Shrimp Florentine with zoodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into noodle-shape strands
- 1/2 large yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounces) bag baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to cook Shrimp Florentine with zoodles
- Moderately heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and unsalted butter in a large frying pan. Blend them properly.
- Using a spiralizer shape the zoodles into finely thin noodles
- Add the noodles into the frying pan. Also add onions, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of properly chopped garlic into it. Mix all the contents and leave until the noodles become tender and onions turn golden brown. It will take about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now, transfer this mixture to a medium-sized container.
- In the same frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter again
- Cook and stir the shrimps and add 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic to it and leave it for 3 to 4 minutes until the shrimps turn pink.
- To this, add lemon juice, spinach, salt, red pepper flakes, and properly grounded black pepper. Mix all the contents for 2 to 3 minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Now add the zoodle mixture into the frying pan again with the spinach and shrimp already on it. Stir them properly for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the meal onto the serving plate and enjoy.
People generally don’t get time to cook recipes and take a healthy diet due to their busy schedules. The shrimp Florentine with zoodles only takes 15 minutes to be prepared, which is why people widely prefer this food.
Shrimp contains a cancer-fighting mineral – selenium. It can be a great addition to any healthy diet as it is very low in calories but high in protein. Shrimp has selenium- a mineral that fights cancer. It can be a great supplement to any diet as it contains low calories but is high in protein content. It is considered to be one of the best sources of iodine that is necessary for proper brain health and thyroid function. Shrimp also provides omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids to your body. Get hold of the best Shrimp and Prawn Exporters to buy the best quality shrimps.
Zoodles are strands of zucchini that are cooked into the shape of noodles like linguine, spaghetti or soba noodles. To shape the zoodles, a spiralizer is needed. Not only are zoodles low in calories and carbs, but also a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, potassium, etc. Just two cups of zoodles will meet about 14 percent of your daily dietary fiber requirements.