If you are in the mood to learn the authentic stir-fry method, then this recipe is the one that is going to steal the show. It is the secret to crispy and crunchy perfectly fried shrimps. It is one of the best low-carb dishes which you can enjoy with any additional type of sauce. The main attractions for the dish are as follows-
- Ginger, Garlic and Green Onion (known as Chinese trinity)
- Additional ingredients like Snow peas, bell peppers, and mushrooms
- Soya sauce
- Oyster Sauce
Ingredients for the Recipe
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2-3 garlic minced garlic cloves
- 3 chopped green onion
- Grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound of freshly Peeled and deveined shrimps
Chinese dishes have an aroma that is distinct and unique. When it comes to stir-fry dishes, these are easy to prepare, takes approximately 15 minutes. Let us now see how to cook the delicious stir-fried shrimps.
- First, take the shrimps and sear it from both the sides and remove from the non-stick pan. Although the shrimp is not entirely cooked yet, it has a crunchy layer to it.
- Sear the shrimps at high flame.
- On a different pan, add the aromatic trinity (ginger, garlic, and green onion).
- They burn very fast and that is why when you add these three ingredients, it is advised to lower the heat.
- It is important to cook the shrimps and the trinity differently so that each of the elements retains its unique flavor.
- After the three ingredients are perfectly fried, add the snow peas, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
- After cooking for 10 minutes at a medium flame, add the shrimps to give it a proper stir.
- Then, at last, add soya sauce and oyster sauce, and stir for a minute or two.
You will see that all the ingredients are blending with each other and the shrimps are looking juicy and creamy. Please remember, for stir fry, it is advisable to not overcook any ingredient, it will bring down the chances of having a great dish and enhance the possibilities of having a burnt pan dish. In addition, to make it healthy, you can add vegetables like carrots, sprouts, etc.
Shrimps are the most versatile food item; it blends well with any given ingredient while retaining its own texture, which is the promising factor. Leading Shrimp and Prawn Exporters from various parts of the world have heavy production but Asian shrimps have a taste of its own. Here is your new recipe for the weekend, and spend some quality time with friends and family.
Serve it hot with oyster sauce, teriyaki sauce or Garlic sauce! (a pro-tip)