Shrimp is one of the most loved dishes in the world. So, how about we blend an American style cuisine with seafood stuffing? Sounds great! Shrimp is highly versatile seafood, you can use it to make any dish and it will always turn out to be unique. So, here we bring you a splendid recipe for Shrimp Fajita and it is not only going to full your stomach but your heart too.
Ingredients for Shrimp Fajita:
- Uncooked shrimp- 1 pound, it must be peeled and deveined
- Fajita seasoning mix- 2 tablespoons mix
- Cooking grits- 1 cup
- Boiling water- 4 cups
- Mexican shredded cheese blend- half cup
- Milk -3 tablespoon
- Canola oil-2 tablespoon
- Sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch strips
- Chunky salsa- 1 jar
- Orange juice- ¼ cup
- Cilantro leaves-¼ cup or 1 tablespoon
How to prepare the Shrimp Fajita?
- Take the uncooked shrimps and cover it with the fajita seasoning. Coat the shrimps and keep it side to blend well.
- Boil water and gradually drop the grits and keep on stirring, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the entire portion is thickened.
- Keep on stirring the cheese and keep it warm.
- Take a large-sized skillet and heat it over medium-high heat. Take the onions, cook it and stir until the peppers turn juicy and tender.
- Then, on the same skillet add the salsa, orange juice and stir to mix well.
- Next is the addition of the fajita seasoned shrimps.
- Cook it continuously on medium heat until the shrimp turns pink for about 4-6 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup cilantro leaves and instantly remove the skillet from the heat.
Lastly, to give the final touch, take a tablespoon and serve the grits, allow the shrimps to rest at the top and quickly garnish with the remaining cilantro leaves.
Your Shrimp Fajita is ready to dazzle the table, enjoy your heart feast with family and friends.